Jennifer Lopez Inks $12 Million Deal to Join 'American Idol'
By John Mitchell Posted Sep 14th 2010 03:06PM
After months of rumors, negotiations and allegations of sabotage, it seems Jennifer Lopez is officially onboard as the newest judge on 'American Idol.'
PEOPLE is reporting that Lopez has inked a $12 million deal to join FOX's hit music competition show for its tenth season. While neither FOX nor representatives for Lopez have commented on the deal, a source close to the singer-actress says she is "very excited." The one-year deal was also confirmed by TMZ and PopEater's Rob Shuter.
As PopEater reported earlier today, enemies of the show as well as Lopez's competition had allegedly been planting rumors about the star's so-called "diva demands" in an effort to derail her shot at joining Randy Jackson at the 'Idol' judge's table. However, sources told TMZ that the month-long contract negotiations with the star had been "normal."
Earlier reports that Lopez had sought TV and movie development deals with FOX in addition to a larger salary and input on who her co-judges would be do appear to be true, though, those negotiations seem to have fallen through.
There remains no official word on who the third judge for the upcoming season will be, though Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has told friends he is replacing Simon Cowell. If he does indeed assume a chair at the table, that would mean the new 'AI' lineup would be Lopez, Jackson and Tyler with Ryan Seacrest returning as host.
MORE ABOUT Jennifer Lopez
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jennifer Lopez Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian's Flawless Comes Courtesy of a Free Photo Editing App: Find Out Which One
- Bachelorette Season 11: Should Kaitlyn Bristowe, Jade Roper, Carly Waddell, or Britt Nilsson Star?
- Scarlett Johansson Says There Was Nothing "Strange, Creepy, Or Inappropriate" About John Travolta's Oscars Kiss
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Robert De Niro pays $6.4 million IRS tax lien
- Report: Robert De Niro owes $6.4 million to IRS
- This Dress Debate Is Causing a Serious Divide in Our Nation: Is It White and Gold or Blue and Black?!
- Celebrity Hairstylist Kim Kimble Shares Her Secret Styling Tips for the Sleek Hair Look
- Kris Jenner ''Rolls a Few Balls'' With Rocco DiSpirito, Talks Date Night Meals, the Best Aphrodisiac and North's Favorite Food!