Celebs Glam It Up for Fashion Week
By Ben Widdicombe Posted Sep 15th 2010 07:00PM
And with that, the shirtless songster launched into The Stooges' song of the same name. Never mind that the room was full of celebrity fashion designers like Gwen Stefani, Mary-Kate Olsen and Bono's wife Ali Hewson, plus the fashionable Chloe Sevigny and Adrian Grenier. (They were invited by Dasha Zhukova, the it-girlfriend of Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich, to celebrate the uber-cool Pop Magazine.) It was just one of the weird and wonderful places celebrities gathered to celebrate that bi-annual bacchanal known as Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
"It's the perfect season to pick up something new for the wardrobe!" said Cynthia Nixon, cheerfully toeing the party line at the Calvin Klein store on Fashion's Night Out, an industry-wide event organized by Vogue editor Anna Wintour to stimulate sales.
But even though the actress rose to fame as Miranda on the very fashion-forward 'Sex and the City,' she made it clear that her interests lay outside the closet. "I'm not very knowledgeable about fashion to be honest," she told us with a smile. "I feel like I'm an actress, I'm not a model. ['Sex and the City' costumer] Pat Field dressed us for so many years and put us in the world's most beautiful clothing, [but] it's not what you'd call my area of expertise."
At Tommy Hilfiger's 25th anniversary party Sunday night at the Metropolitan Opera House (where The Strokes managed to perform without saying anything rude about fashion), the crowd included stars like Jennifer Lopez, Bradley Cooper and Neil Patrick Harris. 'Mad Men's' Christina Hendricks arrived to the party directly from Hilfiger's fashion show across the Lincoln Center plaza and chatted with us about, well, everything.
"I gotta say I love Marilyn Monroe, and I love Mia Farrow," she said when asked about her favorite fashionable movie stars. "Michelle Williams--I really like Michelle Williams' style."
Asked about her famous figure, she said: "My husband and I work out together to make it more fun, luckily we have a gym in our building. We do aerobics and try to mix it up so we don't get bored, and we make each other laugh the whole time which makes the time go by faster." And as for diet tips: "Everything in moderation, although I do find myself craving donuts and I never allow myself to have them."
Kristen Bell stopped by to plug her burgeoning film career--"'You Again' opens September 24th, with Jamie Lee Curtis and Sigourney Weaver, and then I'm about to leave for Alaska to shoot a movie with Drew Barrymore ('Everybody Loves Whales,') in like five days,"--as well as her fall fashion tips: "I'm really into big, nubby sweaters right now because they're so comfortable--and putting jean jackets under sweaters is kind of my new thing!"
British-Sri Lankan songbird M.I.A has also been checking out Fashion Week. We caught up with her at the Alexander Wang show where she was sitting in the front row with Lenny Kravitz and Maggie Gyllenhaal.
"I love Alexander Wang leather shorts and his handbags," said the famously feisty singer, who straddles the difficult territory between calling for revolution in her rap lyrics and having a billionaire boyfriend/baby-daddy.
"Not that I use handbags," she clarified, "but when I start using them, those are the ones that I'm going to pull out."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actress Sheila MacRae from 1960s re-creation of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Ted Turner hospitalized in South America
- Taylor Swift befriends a Victoria's Secret beauty
- ?Vampire Diaries': Say goodbye to Katherine Pierce by reliving some of her best moments ? VIDEO
- ?Episodes' star Chris Diamantopoulos reveals his first celeb crush, makes you want to listen to Roxette ? VIDEO
- Captain America exhibit opens at Disneyland: On the Scene
- Back On? Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Spotted Together in Texas
- Meet the Hot Guys of ?Divergent'
- 'Hunger Games' Star Willow Shields Talks 'Mockingjay,' Working with Jennifer Lawrence
- Robin Thicke Steps Out Smiling Without His Wedding Ring in NYC: Picture
- Harry Shum Jr. Is Engaged! Glee Star Proposed to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara in Hawaii
- Jessica Simpson Shares Slim Selfie, Jared Leto Wonders If J. Law's Oscars Falls Are "a Bit of an Act": Top 5 Stories