Bold! Michael Moore Trashes Canada While in Canada
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 17th 2010 04:46PM
"It is absolutely shameful how Canada has behaved toward those who have resisted this [Iraq] war," Moore said to reporters at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Moore tore into Canada for turning away AWOL U.S. soldiers seeking refuge from the war during a Mavericks sidebar session while attending the Canadian film festival, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The documentary filmmaker reminded reporters that times were different when Canadians helped out draft dodgers during the Vietnam war.
"This country was so generous to those of my generation who did not want to kill the Vietnamese, and they opened the border," Moore said.
Different indeed. The Canadian government has been adamant about keeping out any U.S. war dodgers in recent years.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Pregnant celebs without the shy gene
- Orlando Bloom, Miranda Kerr dating former spouses?
- Tara Reid releases 'Sharknado'-inspired perfume. No, really
- Fox Sets Release Date for John Green's 'Paper Towns' Film Adaptation
- Universal Sets 'Clifford the Big Red Dog' Release for April 2016
- Marvel Releases 'A Look Back,' Teases Josh Brolin's Thanos (Video)
- You can stop getting excited about live action Squirrel Girl (for now)
- Smell the Sharknado: Tara Reid has a perfume called ?Shark'
- 9 Movies We Love But Can't Quite Figure Out
- Meryl Streep Is Learning the Guitar Because There's Nothing She Can't Do
- What's to Become of 'The Big Bang Theory' Now That There Are Contract Disputes?