Bold! Michael Moore Trashes Canada While in Canada
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 17th 2010 04:46PM
"It is absolutely shameful how Canada has behaved toward those who have resisted this [Iraq] war," Moore said to reporters at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Moore tore into Canada for turning away AWOL U.S. soldiers seeking refuge from the war during a Mavericks sidebar session while attending the Canadian film festival, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The documentary filmmaker reminded reporters that times were different when Canadians helped out draft dodgers during the Vietnam war.
"This country was so generous to those of my generation who did not want to kill the Vietnamese, and they opened the border," Moore said.
Different indeed. The Canadian government has been adamant about keeping out any U.S. war dodgers in recent years.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Diana Douglas, first wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Stars in stripes
- Illinois city condemns Dick Van Dyke's childhood home
- 'Penny Dreadful' Creator Talks Vanessa's Major Finale Decision and Character Departures
- 'True Detective' Episode 3: Where Men Are Men
- The 'Frozen' Effect: "Elsa" Re-enters List of 500 Most Popular Baby Names After 97 Years
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Weekend Box Office: 'Magic Mike XXL' and 'Terminator Genisys' Lose Out to 'Jurassic World'
- 9 Reasons Why 'Independence Day' Is Still Cool As Sh--
- 'Victor Frankenstein' First Photo Shows James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe in Peril