Bold! Michael Moore Trashes Canada While in Canada
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 17th 2010 04:46PM
"It is absolutely shameful how Canada has behaved toward those who have resisted this [Iraq] war," Moore said to reporters at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Moore tore into Canada for turning away AWOL U.S. soldiers seeking refuge from the war during a Mavericks sidebar session while attending the Canadian film festival, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The documentary filmmaker reminded reporters that times were different when Canadians helped out draft dodgers during the Vietnam war.
"This country was so generous to those of my generation who did not want to kill the Vietnamese, and they opened the border," Moore said.
Different indeed. The Canadian government has been adamant about keeping out any U.S. war dodgers in recent years.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kris Jenner on Bruce's changing appearance: 'I don't know what he's going through'
- Gene Simmons: Young women should marry older men
- Country singer Martina McBride pursues cooking passion
- Fox Rooting for Giants-Royals World Series to Last Seven Games
- Hannibal Buress Calls Bill Cosby a "Rapist"
- Tokyo Content Market Opens With Record Attendance
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Best of Late Night TV: Ice Cube Talks N.W.A. Movie, Alan Cumming Recalls Shia's 'Cabaret' Arrest (VIDEO)
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie