Bold! Michael Moore Trashes Canada While in Canada
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 17th 2010 04:46PM
"It is absolutely shameful how Canada has behaved toward those who have resisted this [Iraq] war," Moore said to reporters at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Moore tore into Canada for turning away AWOL U.S. soldiers seeking refuge from the war during a Mavericks sidebar session while attending the Canadian film festival, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The documentary filmmaker reminded reporters that times were different when Canadians helped out draft dodgers during the Vietnam war.
"This country was so generous to those of my generation who did not want to kill the Vietnamese, and they opened the border," Moore said.
Different indeed. The Canadian government has been adamant about keeping out any U.S. war dodgers in recent years.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rumer Willis: Demi Moore, Bruce Willis are ?really excited' to see me on ?DWTS'
- Scarlett Johansson: John Travolta is not 'creepy,' Oscars kiss was 'totally welcome'
- Woman asks about dress color, Internet loses collective mind
- In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'Focus,' 'Lazarus Effect' and More
- Vanilla Ice on Burglary Arrest: "It's a Mess; I'm Dealing With It"
- 'Maps to the Stars': What the Critics Are Saying
- 13 Reasons Why Elizabeth Taylor Is Still the Queen of Hollywood
- Best of Late Night TV: Margot Robbie's Game of Flip Cup and Richard Madden's 'Cinderella' Genitalia (VIDEO)
- Recap of 'The Blacklist' Season 2 Episode 13: The Deer Hunter