Crabby Discovery Channel Sues 'Deadliest Catch' Bros
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 20th 2010 03:01PM
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Discovery is suing the Hillstrand brothers for $3 million in damages after they quit a 'Deadliest Catch' one-time special, titled 'Hillstranded,' two weeks into production.
The complaint states: "The Hillstrand Defendants determined that they would reverse course, dishonor their promises, and refuse to render the services necessary to complete 'Hillstranded.'"
Two weeks of principal photography were completed for the special, but the brothers bailed on the interviews required to complete the project. After the Hillstrand brothers were contacted to confirm location details for the interviews, the producers received only an e-mail from their lawyer indicating that Discovery should stop trying to contact them.
Discovery argues that the special could have produced "significant ratings," therefore, the Hillstrand brothers caused the network to lose potential revenue.
Neither Jonathan nor Andy Hillstrand have commented publicly on the suit.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Shonda Rhimes Blasts New York Times Critic Who Called Her an "Angry Black Woman"
- Kate Hudson Dons Sheer Top, Wide-Leg Pants for Wish I Was Here Screening
- Friends Celebrates 20 Years With Pop-Up Central Perk in SoHo, James Michael Tyler Reflects On Gunther Role
- Accused Socialite Killer Gigi Jordan Allegedly Sent Emails To Her Financial Advisors While Her Son Lie Dying Beside Her
- Chrissy Teigen Is All Smiles At XOXO’s Chrissy Teigen Fall ’14 Campaign Launch Party
- ?RHONJ' Reunion Delayed Because Of Teresa Giudice's Fraud Sentencing
- Luke Bryan reaches out to dying teenager on Twitter
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: How I found out nude pics had leaked
- Jason Aldean: Get over affair and stop calling me 'bro country'
- t.A.T.u. Singer Julia Volkova Says She Would "Condemn" a Gay Son—but Lesbians Look "Much Nicer"
- Best Looks of the Week: Taylor Schilling's Metallic Mini, Emmy Rossum's Polka Dot Gown & More!
- Melissa Rivers and Fashion Police Co-Hosts Look Back at Joan Rivers' Best Moments: Watch Now!