Crabby Discovery Channel Sues 'Deadliest Catch' Bros
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 20th 2010 03:01PM
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Discovery is suing the Hillstrand brothers for $3 million in damages after they quit a 'Deadliest Catch' one-time special, titled 'Hillstranded,' two weeks into production.
The complaint states: "The Hillstrand Defendants determined that they would reverse course, dishonor their promises, and refuse to render the services necessary to complete 'Hillstranded.'"
Two weeks of principal photography were completed for the special, but the brothers bailed on the interviews required to complete the project. After the Hillstrand brothers were contacted to confirm location details for the interviews, the producers received only an e-mail from their lawyer indicating that Discovery should stop trying to contact them.
Discovery argues that the special could have produced "significant ratings," therefore, the Hillstrand brothers caused the network to lose potential revenue.
Neither Jonathan nor Andy Hillstrand have commented publicly on the suit.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- John Mayer Writes "Paper Doll" Song About Taylor Swift?
- Pretty Little Liars: Meet Aria's Hot New Martial Arts Instructor
- Miley Cyrus Talks Liam Hemsworth, Says Alcohol Is "Way More Dangerous" Than Weed
- Not Backing Down: Melissa Etheridge Again States Angelina Jolie Did NOT Make A Brave Choice With Preventive Mastectomy
- Sofia Vergara brags on her backside with sexy selfie
- Then/Now: 'St. Elmo's Fire'
- Vice apologizes for suicide-themed fashion spread, removes it from website