Crabby Discovery Channel Sues 'Deadliest Catch' Bros
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 20th 2010 03:01PM
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Discovery is suing the Hillstrand brothers for $3 million in damages after they quit a 'Deadliest Catch' one-time special, titled 'Hillstranded,' two weeks into production.
The complaint states: "The Hillstrand Defendants determined that they would reverse course, dishonor their promises, and refuse to render the services necessary to complete 'Hillstranded.'"
Two weeks of principal photography were completed for the special, but the brothers bailed on the interviews required to complete the project. After the Hillstrand brothers were contacted to confirm location details for the interviews, the producers received only an e-mail from their lawyer indicating that Discovery should stop trying to contact them.
Discovery argues that the special could have produced "significant ratings," therefore, the Hillstrand brothers caused the network to lose potential revenue.
Neither Jonathan nor Andy Hillstrand have commented publicly on the suit.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicole Kidman's Grace of Monaco Lifetime Movie Sure Was Pretty (But Not Very Good)
- Love and Hip Hop Wedding: Inside Yandy Smith and Mendeecees Harris' Live Ceremony
- Teen Mom OG Finale Recap: Farrah Abraham, Maci Bookout Push for Engagements, Come Up Ring-less
- Family of BB King alleges that blues legend was poisoned by manager, assistant
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival
- The Bachelorette Tries Boxing, Does Comedy, Reminds Us That Amy Schumer Is Our Queen
- Kanye West's Anniversary Tweet to Kim Kardashian Is 1 Day Late, But Still Pretty Great—See for Yourself!
- Lena Dunham Shows Off Her Figure in Nothing But Lingerie: "I Think I Will Wear It to Dinner"