Lady Gaga Proclaims Meat Dress as Gay Rights Symbol
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 21st 2010 11:05AM
When Lady Gaga called out to her little monsters and amped up her political campaign against "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" at a rally in Portland, ME, on Monday, people looked drunk on daydreams about Gaga for President. But that was before she confused people by comparing her famed meat dress to a political symbol for gay rights.
"Equality is the prime rib of America, but because I am gay, I don't get to enjoy the greatest cut of meat my country has to offer," Gaga proclaimed to the rally crowd. "Shouldn't everyone deserve to wear the same meat dress I do?"
Maybe her meat dress metaphor had more fat than muscle, but Gaga got serious without her crazy outfits and strobe lights, and rallied a passionate crowd against the controversial ban on gays serving openly in the military, the New York Times reports.
It was the latest move in Gaga's campaign for gay rights since last week when she made the repeal of 17-year-old "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" her personal mission, and even called out Senator John McCain in a YouTube video.
Instead of keeping with the status quo, Gaga proposed a new law for gays in the military.
"If you don't like it, go home!" Gaga yelled.
Like it or not, Gaga is up against some tough odds in Washington where the repeal of the policy faces a filibuster, but that didn't stop her from calling out undecided Senators Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins, both from Maine, and Scott Brown from nearby Massachusetts.
The vote to open debate on the issue faces its first hurdle in the Senate on Tuesday.
The meat dress, which she wore at the MTV VMAs:
MORE ABOUT Lady Gaga
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lady Gaga Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The many faces of Renee Zellweger
- Live-action ?Static Shock,' ?Mortal Kombat' unveiled as part of WB digital slate
- What is going on at Marvel? A PopWatch conspiracy theory
- Someone made a real hoverboard, so you should maybe get excited a little bit
- What Are Kerry Washington's Makeup Must-Haves?
- The Palin Family Brawl in Alaska: Listen to Bristol Describe Her Beatdown!
- Kris Jenner Responds to Rumors She Was on a Date with a Mystery Man
- Kate Middleton Makes First Appearance Since Suffering From Morning Sickness; Blake Lively Shows Off Baby Bump and Cleavage: Top 5 Stories
- Uma Thurman's 16-Year-Old Daughter Maya Looks Almost Identical to Her -- See the Mini-Me Picture!
- A Man in Chicago Told President Obama to Not Flirt With His Fiancee and It Was Amazing -- Watch Here