Lady Gaga Proclaims Meat Dress as Gay Rights Symbol
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 21st 2010 11:05AM
When Lady Gaga called out to her little monsters and amped up her political campaign against "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" at a rally in Portland, ME, on Monday, people looked drunk on daydreams about Gaga for President. But that was before she confused people by comparing her famed meat dress to a political symbol for gay rights.
"Equality is the prime rib of America, but because I am gay, I don't get to enjoy the greatest cut of meat my country has to offer," Gaga proclaimed to the rally crowd. "Shouldn't everyone deserve to wear the same meat dress I do?"
Maybe her meat dress metaphor had more fat than muscle, but Gaga got serious without her crazy outfits and strobe lights, and rallied a passionate crowd against the controversial ban on gays serving openly in the military, the New York Times reports.
It was the latest move in Gaga's campaign for gay rights since last week when she made the repeal of 17-year-old "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" her personal mission, and even called out Senator John McCain in a YouTube video.
Instead of keeping with the status quo, Gaga proposed a new law for gays in the military.
"If you don't like it, go home!" Gaga yelled.
Like it or not, Gaga is up against some tough odds in Washington where the repeal of the policy faces a filibuster, but that didn't stop her from calling out undecided Senators Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins, both from Maine, and Scott Brown from nearby Massachusetts.
The vote to open debate on the issue faces its first hurdle in the Senate on Tuesday.
The meat dress, which she wore at the MTV VMAs:
MORE ABOUT Lady Gaga
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lady Gaga Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- New report claims Elizabeth Pena died from alcohol abuse
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer hits the web
- Alison Sweeney says goodbye to 'Days of Our Lives'
- Report: Mama June Dating Convicted Child Molester
- Brad Pitt's 'Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis' Is So Awkward!
- Watch the New 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer!
- Lauren Conrad's Lob Haircut May Just Be the Beginning, Could Go "Shorter in the Near Future"
- Zelda Williams Honors Late "Poppa" Robin Williams With Hummingbird, Birthdate Tattoos
- Olivia Munn's Feather Dress Looks Like Natalie Portman's in Black Swan: See the Ballerina Frock!