Lindsay Lohan and E-Trade Settle 'Milkaholic' Lawsuit
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Sep 21st 2010 06:20AM
Although the court had issued a bench warrant for her arrest Monday, Lindsay Lohan's $100 million lawsuit over an E-Trade television commercial is all over, baby. A Manhattan court filing Monday said the actress has withdrawn her case against the brokerage, which she'd accused of making her the implied target of jokes about a "milkaholic" named Lindsay in a Super Bowl ad this year.
E-Trade Financial Corp. spokeswoman Susan Hickey said the case's end reflected a "simple business decision" for the New York-based firm, but she wouldn't discuss details. Lohan's lawyer, Stephanie Ovadia, didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.
Watch the E*Trade ad that started it all below:
The brokerage has put out a series of ads featuring adult-voiced babies talking about online trading. In the Super Bowl spot, a baby's infant girlfriend asks suspiciously whether "that milkaholic Lindsay" has paid him a visit.
Another female baby pops into the picture and says in a woozy voice: "Milk-a-what?"
Lohan, 24, has had high-profile trouble with drinking and drug use. The 'Mean Girls' star spent two weeks in jail in California this year for violating her probation in a 2007 case involving drug use and driving under the influence. A Beverly Hills judge issued an arrest warrant for the troubled starlet on Monday after the actress acknowledged failing a drug test. The warrant was stayed until a hearing Friday to determine whether she violated her probation.
Lohan's lawyer said in court papers filed last month that the E-Trade commercial deliberately referred to Lohan.
"These babies in their commercials were symbolic and were not acting just as cute babies but were actually portraying (Lohan) and her grown-up friends," Ovadia wrote.
E-Trade called Lohan's claims meritless. Lawyers for the company noted in an April court filing that Lohan isn't the world's only Lindsay - or generally associated with online trading or banking.
"No reasonable person would connect (Lohan) with the E-Trade commercials," they wrote.
2010 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kris Jenner Feels Betrayed By Bruce Jenner; Brittany Maynard Pushes Back Death Date: Top 5 Stories
- Prince William, Pregnant Kate Middleton Go on Babymoon With Prince George in Scotland -- Details
- Khloe Kardashian Celebrates 14 Million Instagram Followers With a Super Sexy Booty Snap -- See the Pic!
- Inherited Or Injected? Khloe Kardashian & Kylie Jenner Flaunt Matching Trout Pouts As Nip Tuck Rumors Continue
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Orson Welles' final film may be released
- 'I Was Here': Beyonce song inspires Iraqi youth peace movement
- Julianne Hough Gets Emotional While Delivering a Special Message to Her Older Sister—Watch the Sweet Clip!
- Why Scandal, The Vampire Diaries, and How to Get Away with Murder Blew. Us. Away. Our Rants and Raves
- These Are Chelsea Handler's Naked Boobs on a Horse...