Mel Gibson Still Has a Friend in Jodie Foster
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 21st 2010 12:15PM
"The second I met him [working on 'Maverick' in 1994], I said, 'I will love this man for the rest of my life,'" Foster tells MORE magazine in their October issue. "When you love a friend, you don't abandon them when they're struggling ... But more importantly, he is and has been a true and loyal friend. I hope I can get him through this dark moment."
Foster talked about her latest film project 'The Beaver' starring Mel Gibson, the emotional challenge of Gibson's role and sticking by his side like a true friend.
Gibson plays a suburban husband in 'The Beaver' who deals with depression as toy company CEO through an imaginary friend with a hand puppet. Foster called the film, which she directed, an "enormous, enormous, enormous emotional challenge for me."
Even after distributors told her she couldn't sell the movie with Gibson in it, Foster called Gibson's performance "one of his most powerful and moving performances."
The full interview in MORE hits newsstands on September 28.
Watch the "Lucky Shirt" Scene in 'Maverick':
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hollywood studios are urged to take extra precautions filming abroad amid rising global security issues
- 'NCIS' moves down South with New Orleans spinoff
- Ben Affleck admits he counts cards
- Lifetime's Aaliyah Biopic Has a Premiere Date (PHOTO)
- 'OITNB' Star Laverne Cox to Host Transgender Documentary for MTV and Logo
- Rian Johnson Loves the Creative Freedom of 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'