Mel Gibson Still Has a Friend in Jodie Foster
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 21st 2010 12:15PM
"The second I met him [working on 'Maverick' in 1994], I said, 'I will love this man for the rest of my life,'" Foster tells MORE magazine in their October issue. "When you love a friend, you don't abandon them when they're struggling ... But more importantly, he is and has been a true and loyal friend. I hope I can get him through this dark moment."
Foster talked about her latest film project 'The Beaver' starring Mel Gibson, the emotional challenge of Gibson's role and sticking by his side like a true friend.
Gibson plays a suburban husband in 'The Beaver' who deals with depression as toy company CEO through an imaginary friend with a hand puppet. Foster called the film, which she directed, an "enormous, enormous, enormous emotional challenge for me."
Even after distributors told her she couldn't sell the movie with Gibson in it, Foster called Gibson's performance "one of his most powerful and moving performances."
The full interview in MORE hits newsstands on September 28.
Watch the "Lucky Shirt" Scene in 'Maverick':
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- It's Official: Melissa McCarthy Staying at CAA
- John Stamos "Heartbroken" That Olsen Twins Won't Be Returning for 'Fuller House'
- The Sex Shop Behind Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood" Outfits Is Getting a Lot of Calls From Men
- 'Fantastic Four' Star Michael B. Jordan Responds to Critics of Black Johnny Storm
- See Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult on 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Set
- Good News: 'Game of Thrones' to Feature Non-Traumatizing Sex This Week