Mel Gibson Still Has a Friend in Jodie Foster
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 21st 2010 12:15PM
"The second I met him [working on 'Maverick' in 1994], I said, 'I will love this man for the rest of my life,'" Foster tells MORE magazine in their October issue. "When you love a friend, you don't abandon them when they're struggling ... But more importantly, he is and has been a true and loyal friend. I hope I can get him through this dark moment."
Foster talked about her latest film project 'The Beaver' starring Mel Gibson, the emotional challenge of Gibson's role and sticking by his side like a true friend.
Gibson plays a suburban husband in 'The Beaver' who deals with depression as toy company CEO through an imaginary friend with a hand puppet. Foster called the film, which she directed, an "enormous, enormous, enormous emotional challenge for me."
Even after distributors told her she couldn't sell the movie with Gibson in it, Foster called Gibson's performance "one of his most powerful and moving performances."
The full interview in MORE hits newsstands on September 28.
Watch the "Lucky Shirt" Scene in 'Maverick':
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- 'Scandal's' Kerry Washington: Olivia Is Facing What Scares Her Most
- Ahead of 'Avengers: Age of Ultron,' Marvel Announces 'Ultron Forever' Comic Storyline
- L.A. Clippers Star J.J. Redick Reveals His Not-So-Secret "Obsession": Watches
- ?The Voice' winner Josh Kaufman on his acrobatic Broadway debut in ?Pippin'
- Jennifer Aniston shows us how not to interview Jennifer Aniston
- 'Game of Thrones' Unveils Mysterious Season 5 Teaser and Site
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' Review: 10 Things You Need to Know About the New Workplace Comedy
- Candace Cameron Bure Loves These Five Family-Friendly Holiday Films