Mel Gibson Still Has a Friend in Jodie Foster
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 21st 2010 12:15PM
"The second I met him [working on 'Maverick' in 1994], I said, 'I will love this man for the rest of my life,'" Foster tells MORE magazine in their October issue. "When you love a friend, you don't abandon them when they're struggling ... But more importantly, he is and has been a true and loyal friend. I hope I can get him through this dark moment."
Foster talked about her latest film project 'The Beaver' starring Mel Gibson, the emotional challenge of Gibson's role and sticking by his side like a true friend.
Gibson plays a suburban husband in 'The Beaver' who deals with depression as toy company CEO through an imaginary friend with a hand puppet. Foster called the film, which she directed, an "enormous, enormous, enormous emotional challenge for me."
Even after distributors told her she couldn't sell the movie with Gibson in it, Foster called Gibson's performance "one of his most powerful and moving performances."
The full interview in MORE hits newsstands on September 28.
Watch the "Lucky Shirt" Scene in 'Maverick':
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Elizabeth Vargas and husband split, report says
- Billy Crystal to present Emmy Awards tribute to Robin Williams
- 'Teen Barbie' Lolita Richi says appearance is all natural
- Rob Brydon to Host Britannia Awards
- Luc Besson Says ?Lucy' Sequel Unlikely
- Popular Chinese Filmmaker Accused of Plagiarizing 'Thelma & Louise'
- ?Spider-Woman #1? has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- Nick Offerman reads profound Shower Thoughts from Reddit
- When Are the 2014 Emmys?
- Step Right Up and Enjoy the Creepy New 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Teaser (VIDEO)
- Robert Pattinson's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Hilariously Improvised (VIDEO)