Mel Gibson Still Has a Friend in Jodie Foster
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 21st 2010 12:15PM
"The second I met him [working on 'Maverick' in 1994], I said, 'I will love this man for the rest of my life,'" Foster tells MORE magazine in their October issue. "When you love a friend, you don't abandon them when they're struggling ... But more importantly, he is and has been a true and loyal friend. I hope I can get him through this dark moment."
Foster talked about her latest film project 'The Beaver' starring Mel Gibson, the emotional challenge of Gibson's role and sticking by his side like a true friend.
Gibson plays a suburban husband in 'The Beaver' who deals with depression as toy company CEO through an imaginary friend with a hand puppet. Foster called the film, which she directed, an "enormous, enormous, enormous emotional challenge for me."
Even after distributors told her she couldn't sell the movie with Gibson in it, Foster called Gibson's performance "one of his most powerful and moving performances."
The full interview in MORE hits newsstands on September 28.
Watch the "Lucky Shirt" Scene in 'Maverick':
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blake Shelton scores as host and musical guest on 'SNL'
- A new Miss Universe will be crowned tonight in Miami
- 'American Sniper' continues box office dominance
- The Crazy Thing Kathy Bates Did to 'Transparent' Creator's Golden Globe
- Sundance: Kevin Bacon Reacts to 'Guardians of the Galaxy's' Kevin Bacon Jokes
- Sundance: Jason Sudeikis and Alison Brie Reveal Last Meal Requests
- Inside EW's Screen Actors Guild Awards party
- ?The Lego Movie,' ?Birdman' nab Producers Guild of America Awards
- Weekend Box Office: 'American Sniper' Blows Past Competition For Second Straight Weekend
- The 10 Most WTF-Worthy Moments From 'The Boy Next Door'
- Mr. Moviefone and Charlie Mortdecai's Most Gentlemanly Twitter Spat