Mel Gibson Still Has a Friend in Jodie Foster
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 21st 2010 12:15PM
"The second I met him [working on 'Maverick' in 1994], I said, 'I will love this man for the rest of my life,'" Foster tells MORE magazine in their October issue. "When you love a friend, you don't abandon them when they're struggling ... But more importantly, he is and has been a true and loyal friend. I hope I can get him through this dark moment."
Foster talked about her latest film project 'The Beaver' starring Mel Gibson, the emotional challenge of Gibson's role and sticking by his side like a true friend.
Gibson plays a suburban husband in 'The Beaver' who deals with depression as toy company CEO through an imaginary friend with a hand puppet. Foster called the film, which she directed, an "enormous, enormous, enormous emotional challenge for me."
Even after distributors told her she couldn't sell the movie with Gibson in it, Foster called Gibson's performance "one of his most powerful and moving performances."
The full interview in MORE hits newsstands on September 28.
Watch the "Lucky Shirt" Scene in 'Maverick':
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Christina Hendricks ditches skirt halfway through red carpet
- January Jones' confidence 'disappeared' when she became 'pretty'
- Miranda Lambert turns double amputee's dream into reality
- Ralph Fiennes to Receive Empire's Legend Award
- George Lucas "Honors" Fox News on 'Daily Show', Promises to Make Films "Blindly Uncritical of America"
- 'Vikings' Creator, Star: Latest Shocking Death Will Have "Huge Payoff"
- Best of Late Night TV: Jimmy Fallon's Wax Figures and Will Ferrell's Cockatoo (VIDEO)
- Recap of 'The Blacklist' Season 2 Episode 17: The Longevity Initiative
- Sarah Jessica Parker Admits She 'Forgot' About 'Sex and the City' After Shooting Pilot (VIDEO)