Cher Announces Final Shows at Caesars Palace
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Sep 22nd 2010 06:21AM
Officials at the Caesars Palace hotel-casino said Tuesday that tickets for Cher's final run of shows starting Jan. 11 will go on sale Saturday.
The last show ends a three-year residency for the iconic singer known for over-the-top costumes, elaborate showmanship and hits spanning several decades.
Cher's departure from the 4,300-seat Colosseum theater will come about one month before Celine Dion returns March 15 to start her second engagement.
Her first five-year run grossed more than $400 million.
"Cher at the Colosseum" features dancers choreographed by Doriana Sanchez and costumes designed by Cher's longtime designer, Bob Mackie.
The news comes just weeks after Cher made a huge splash presenting an award to Lady Gaga at the MTV Video Music awards and Prolific producer-director-writer Andy Fickman's confirmation that he's creating Cher, the musical.
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miley Cyrus fan sneaks into star's dressing room, leaves note, police say
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Aretha Franklin: Obama was 'tired' when he misspelled 'R-E-S-P-E-C-T'
- ?How I Met Your Mother' react: Lily's got a secret and the Mosby Boys return!
- ?The Bachelor' finale: ?Whoo! I'm glad I didn't pick her!'
- I'm Still Not Over? The ending of ?Xena: Warrior Princess'
- Extra Scoop: Justin Bieber Serenades Selena Gomez? Is Jelena Back?
- Elizabeth Moss Says She Should Never Have Married Fred Armisen
- First Look! NeNe Leakes and Tony Dovolani Rehearse for 'DWTS'