Cher Announces Final Shows at Caesars Palace
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Sep 22nd 2010 06:21AM
Officials at the Caesars Palace hotel-casino said Tuesday that tickets for Cher's final run of shows starting Jan. 11 will go on sale Saturday.
The last show ends a three-year residency for the iconic singer known for over-the-top costumes, elaborate showmanship and hits spanning several decades.
Cher's departure from the 4,300-seat Colosseum theater will come about one month before Celine Dion returns March 15 to start her second engagement.
Her first five-year run grossed more than $400 million.
"Cher at the Colosseum" features dancers choreographed by Doriana Sanchez and costumes designed by Cher's longtime designer, Bob Mackie.
The news comes just weeks after Cher made a huge splash presenting an award to Lady Gaga at the MTV Video Music awards and Prolific producer-director-writer Andy Fickman's confirmation that he's creating Cher, the musical.
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- ?The Voice' winner Josh Kaufman on his acrobatic Broadway debut in ?Pippin'
- Jennifer Aniston shows us how not to interview Jennifer Aniston
- '19 Kids and Counting' Music Video! See Which Duggar Can Sing
- TMI! Scott Disick Blurts Out Details About His Sex Life with Kourtney