Cher Announces Final Shows at Caesars Palace
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Sep 22nd 2010 06:21AM
Officials at the Caesars Palace hotel-casino said Tuesday that tickets for Cher's final run of shows starting Jan. 11 will go on sale Saturday.
The last show ends a three-year residency for the iconic singer known for over-the-top costumes, elaborate showmanship and hits spanning several decades.
Cher's departure from the 4,300-seat Colosseum theater will come about one month before Celine Dion returns March 15 to start her second engagement.
Her first five-year run grossed more than $400 million.
"Cher at the Colosseum" features dancers choreographed by Doriana Sanchez and costumes designed by Cher's longtime designer, Bob Mackie.
The news comes just weeks after Cher made a huge splash presenting an award to Lady Gaga at the MTV Video Music awards and Prolific producer-director-writer Andy Fickman's confirmation that he's creating Cher, the musical.
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly secures exclusive sit-down interview with Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar
- Paul McCartney last smoked pot 'a long time ago'
- Pete Townshend opens up about past alcohol abuse
- 7 Goodies to Help You Look and Feel Beautiful All Summer Long!
- Miley Cyrus Plays It Smooth for Golden Lady Bikini Promo
- Russell Wolfe, Producer of Over 100 Faith-Based Films, Dies at 50
- Kim Kardashian Breaks Down in Tears After "Terrifying" Montana Car Crash on Keeping Up With the Kardashians Sneak Peek: Watch
- Robert Downey Jr. Moves Same Furniture to Every House He Rents While on Location for Films
- Kendra Wilkinson's BFF Jessica Hall Welcomes First Child: "Couldn't Be More Proud and Happy for My Closest Friend"