Cher Announces Final Shows at Caesars Palace
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Sep 22nd 2010 06:21AM
Officials at the Caesars Palace hotel-casino said Tuesday that tickets for Cher's final run of shows starting Jan. 11 will go on sale Saturday.
The last show ends a three-year residency for the iconic singer known for over-the-top costumes, elaborate showmanship and hits spanning several decades.
Cher's departure from the 4,300-seat Colosseum theater will come about one month before Celine Dion returns March 15 to start her second engagement.
Her first five-year run grossed more than $400 million.
"Cher at the Colosseum" features dancers choreographed by Doriana Sanchez and costumes designed by Cher's longtime designer, Bob Mackie.
The news comes just weeks after Cher made a huge splash presenting an award to Lady Gaga at the MTV Video Music awards and Prolific producer-director-writer Andy Fickman's confirmation that he's creating Cher, the musical.
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Director fires back after critics call out Taylor Swift's video for use of white actors
- Meet the cast of 'Dancing With the Stars' season 21
- The Josh Abbott Band brings Texas to mainstream country music
- Kylie Jenner Goes Blonde, Just Like Khloe & Kim Kardashian!
- Did the Kardashian Sisters Stage a Diva Intervention with Caitlyn Jenner?
- Blood, Sweat, & Sequins! 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21 Full Lineup Announced
- Sarah Michelle Gellar Shares Sweet Wedding Pic on 13th Anniversary with Freddie Prinze Jr.
- Jamie Chung, Minka Kelly, Jenna Dewan Tatum, More Party Together, Compete for Most Fabulous Style
- Bachelor in Paradise's Kirk DeWindt Dumps a "Shocked" Carly Waddell on the Finale!