Cher Announces Final Shows at Caesars Palace
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Sep 22nd 2010 06:21AM
Officials at the Caesars Palace hotel-casino said Tuesday that tickets for Cher's final run of shows starting Jan. 11 will go on sale Saturday.
The last show ends a three-year residency for the iconic singer known for over-the-top costumes, elaborate showmanship and hits spanning several decades.
Cher's departure from the 4,300-seat Colosseum theater will come about one month before Celine Dion returns March 15 to start her second engagement.
Her first five-year run grossed more than $400 million.
"Cher at the Colosseum" features dancers choreographed by Doriana Sanchez and costumes designed by Cher's longtime designer, Bob Mackie.
The news comes just weeks after Cher made a huge splash presenting an award to Lady Gaga at the MTV Video Music awards and Prolific producer-director-writer Andy Fickman's confirmation that he's creating Cher, the musical.
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner show will focus on his 'life changes,' report says
- Prosecutor questions whether Lindsay Lohan completed community service; new hearing set
- Man dies on set of Martin Scorsese's ?Silence'
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Cobie Smulders Shows Off Cute Post-Baby Figure
- Extra Scoop: GoDaddy Pulls ?Puppy' Ad from Super Bowl
- Pics! 'Bachelorette' Desiree Hartsock and Hubby Chris Siegfried's Hot Honeymoon
- Paula Abdul Jokes She Was "Abused" on American Idol, Gushes About SYTYCD Predecessor Mary Murphy
- Kanye West Says Kim Kardashian, North Have Taught Him to "Shut Up," Compares Past Mistakes to the "Terrible Twos"
- President Obama Remakes Bruno Mars' "Uptown Funk," Watch the Viral Video!