Cher Announces Final Shows at Caesars Palace
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Sep 22nd 2010 06:21AM
Officials at the Caesars Palace hotel-casino said Tuesday that tickets for Cher's final run of shows starting Jan. 11 will go on sale Saturday.
The last show ends a three-year residency for the iconic singer known for over-the-top costumes, elaborate showmanship and hits spanning several decades.
Cher's departure from the 4,300-seat Colosseum theater will come about one month before Celine Dion returns March 15 to start her second engagement.
Her first five-year run grossed more than $400 million.
"Cher at the Colosseum" features dancers choreographed by Doriana Sanchez and costumes designed by Cher's longtime designer, Bob Mackie.
The news comes just weeks after Cher made a huge splash presenting an award to Lady Gaga at the MTV Video Music awards and Prolific producer-director-writer Andy Fickman's confirmation that he's creating Cher, the musical.
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Battered' Harrison Ford survives crash landing on southern California golf course
- Kelly Clarkson's new album falls flat
- Adam Sandler and Bob Barker's 'Happy Gilmore' feud lives on
- Harrison Ford in Plane Crash: New Details
- Kyle Richards Responds to ?RHOBH' Fight Between Sister Kim and Lisa Rinna
- Nick Gordon's Mom Drops Bombshell Claim About Whitney Houston
- Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" Gets Bizarre-Yet-Perfect Game of Thrones Mash-Up: Watch Now!
- Pregnant Jennifer Love Hewitt Debuts Second Baby Bump -- See Her Chic Maternity Look!
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Treat Themselves to a Little Afternoon Delight in KUWTK Premiere