And The 'Dancing With the Stars' Results...
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 22nd 2010 06:20AM
After an eventful season 11 premiere of 'Dancing With the Stars,' one star had to foxtrot home. Who was sent packing? Find out the results. (Spoiler alert!) >>
He was king of the beach on 'Baywatch,' but David Hasselhoff didn't fare so well on 'DWTS.' The 58-year-old entertainer was the first celebrity voted off the new season. Hasselhoff and his professional partner, Kym Johnson, were ousted from the program Tuesday after performing just one dance.
"It's been a great ride," Hasselhoff said after learning his fate. "I feel bad for Kym because she worked hard trying to get me where I was going. I'm so proud that my daughters are here and they got to see me come this far."
"I think his daughters are more upset than he is," Johnson said after the show.
Hasselhoff said he joined the hit ABC dance competition because his family are fans. Daughters Hayley and Taylor were in the audience for Tuesday's show and said they were proud of his performance.
The judges, however, felt differently. They criticized Hasselhoff's cha-cha, with judge Bruno Tonioli calling it "a potpourri of insanity disguised as dance." The couple landed in last place, tied with 'Jersey Shore' star Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and comedian Margaret Cho.
Still, the other remaining contestants said they're turning their attention to perfecting next week's dance. Half the group will perform the quickstep while the other half do the jive.
Bristol Palin will be learning her new dance on her home turf in Alaska, adding it was "a bummer" mom Sarah Palin wasn't able to see her 'Dancing' debut in person. "Hopefully she'll be here for the next week," Bristol Palin said.
Besides Sorrentino, Palin, Warner and Cho, the remaining contestants are singer-actress Brandy; actors Jennifer Grey, Florence Henderson and Kyle Massey; athlete Rick Fox; reality star Audrina Patridge and singer Michael Bolton.
'Dancing With the Stars' Contestants
Joining Bristol Palin will be David Hasselhoff, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino, Audrina Patridge, Michael Bolton, 'Dirty Dancing' star Jennifer Grey, 'Brady Bunch' mom Florence Henderson and former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner. The show premieres Sept. 20. See more rehearsal photos >>
Craig Sjodin, ABC
Craig Sjodin, ABC
2010 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tom Cruise Took Private Jet to Party at This Local Nashville Bar for the Fourth of July — See the Amazing Pic
- The Fooo Conspiracy Talks Opening for One Direction, Justin Bieber
- Bachelor in Paradise Season 2 Promo Teases a Lot of Kissing and Crying (and More Kissing and More Crying)
- Longtime Hollywood producer Jerry Weintraub dies at 77
- Bill Cosby said he got drugs to give women for sex
- Justin Bieber's buddy gets a shark bite during vacation
- Ryan Reynolds Reveals What ''Freaks'' Him Out About Parenthood
- Michael Bublé and Wife Luisana Lopilato Expecting Baby No. 2—Watch the Adorable Announcement!
- Damon Albarn Plays 5-Hour Set, Gets Carried Off by Security at Roskilde After He Refuses to Leave: Watch Now!