Yes, Brooke Shields Can Still Fit Into Those Calvin Klein Jeans
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Sep 23rd 2010 04:45PM
Nothing -- not even 30 years -- could come between Brooke Shields and her Calvins.
Shields told Ellen DeGeneres as much on during her talk show this week. The 45-year-old model turned actress revealed she's still able to slip into the same pair of denims she sported at age 15 in her controversial Calvin Klein Jeans ad.
"They didn't look pretty," she admits about tying them on again, "but they fit."
The racy 1980 ad opens with the young Shields whistling "My Darling Clementine" before suggestively declaring, "You want to know what comes between me and my Calvins? Nothing."
Shields told DeGeneres, "That was one of the first times they had sort of smart and provocative television commercials," adding that the promo was originally intended to be played in movie theaters.
The actress's mom, Teri, kept the two pairs of jeans used for the ad, and the star recently donated one pair to the Met for a fashion retrospective. "The other ones," she said, "I tried to pour myself [into]." And? "I got those suckers zipped up!"
MORE ABOUT Brooke Shields
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Brooke Shields Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mila Kunis Shows Off Growing Baby Bump, Kourtney Kardashian Wears Bootylicious Swimsuit: Top Stories
- Matt Bomer Reveals He Married Partner Simon Halls Three Years Ago
- Meryl Streep: I Thought I Was Too Ugly to Be an Actress
- ?Flattered' Laura Prepon Denies ?Unbelievable' Rumors She's Dating Fellow Scientologist Tom Cruise
- 'Bettie Page Reveals All' heads to DVD
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn Lowry Talks Living in a Homeless Shelter: "I Didn't Want My Son to Be Taken Away From Me"
- Glee's Touching Tribute to Cory Monteith, Death and Deception on Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. and More OMG TV Moments!
- Chef Candice Kumai's Favorite Healthy Juice & Smoothie Recipes for Earth Day