Yes, Brooke Shields Can Still Fit Into Those Calvin Klein Jeans
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Sep 23rd 2010 04:45PM
Nothing -- not even 30 years -- could come between Brooke Shields and her Calvins.
Shields told Ellen DeGeneres as much on during her talk show this week. The 45-year-old model turned actress revealed she's still able to slip into the same pair of denims she sported at age 15 in her controversial Calvin Klein Jeans ad.
"They didn't look pretty," she admits about tying them on again, "but they fit."
The racy 1980 ad opens with the young Shields whistling "My Darling Clementine" before suggestively declaring, "You want to know what comes between me and my Calvins? Nothing."
Shields told DeGeneres, "That was one of the first times they had sort of smart and provocative television commercials," adding that the promo was originally intended to be played in movie theaters.
The actress's mom, Teri, kept the two pairs of jeans used for the ad, and the star recently donated one pair to the Met for a fashion retrospective. "The other ones," she said, "I tried to pour myself [into]." And? "I got those suckers zipped up!"
MORE ABOUT Brooke Shields
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Brooke Shields Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Backstreet Boys: Show 'Em What You're Made Of Documentary Trailer: We Were The Biggest Band in the World, Then It Just Stopped
- Jenny Slate Sings Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide" as Marcel the Shell
- British Man Who Spends $150K on Botox, Plastic Surgery to Look Like Kim Kardashian: "I Welcome the Hate"
- Stephen Belafonte denies reports he abused wife Mel B
- Larry King grills Willie Robertson on his views on homosexuality
- Jason Segel reveals his worst nightmare
- Maria Menounos Goes Inside YouTube's Official Movie Making Studio—Find Out Why Ron Howard and Brian Grazer Are Interested!
- Ben McKenzie Reveals Biggest Dating Regrets, Admits to Using "Pink, Fluffy" Handcuffs With an Ex
- Hold On, Smash Is Coming Back in the Best Possible Way?!