Jon Stewart to Bill O'Reilly: 'I Thought Obama Would Do a Better Job'
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 23rd 2010 07:40AM
Jon Stewart made his much-anticipated return to 'The O'Reilly Factor' on Wednesday and went head to head with Bill O'Reilly, who dug into Stewart's opinions on President Barack Obama. "Do you, Jon Stewart, have Obama remorse?" O'Reilly wondered. Stewart reiterated the seemingly anti-Obama sentiment he's been making on 'The Daily show' lately. "I think people feel a disappointment in that there was a sense that 'Oh Jesus will walk on water,' and now you're looking at it like, 'Look at that, he's just treading water,'" Stewart responded.
O'Reilly pressed further until Stewart admitted, "I thought he'd do a better job."
"I've been saddened to see that someone who ran on the idea that you can't expect to get different results with the same people and the same system has kept in place so much of the same system," Stewart explained.
Stewart said the problem with the President is that "he ran as a visionary, and he's led as a functionary."
Talking about his planned Oct. 30 'Rally to Restore Sanity' in Washington, D.C., Stewart noted that it would last from noon to 3PM and its war-cry would be, "We're here but we're only here til 3: We have a sitter!"
Watch the clip:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Eric Hill Dead: Bachelorette Contestant Dies After Paragliding Accident
- Debra Messing Drops 20 Pounds Without Dieting: Before and After Pictures!
- Billy Bob Thornton: Angelina Jolie and I "Check In On Each Other All The Time"
- ‘Bachelorette’ Tragedy: Contestant Vying For Andi Dorfman's Love Dies After Paragliding Accident
- Tamra Barney Blasts Ex-Husband Simon Amid Nasty Custody Battle: ?Divorce Doesn’t Hurt Kids, Angry Bitter Parents Hurt Kids!'
- 'Bachelorette' contestant in critical condition after parachute accident, report says
- AOL launches free streaming movies in pact with Miramax