Kylie Minogue Likes the 'Defiance' in 'Get Outta My Way'
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 23rd 2010 10:00AM
PopEater had the chance to talk with Ms. Minogue when she visited New York City's Greenwich Hotel.
The pop diva chatted with us about the tune, her eleven studio albums, and possibly returning to the U.S. for her second North American tour.
'Get Outta My Way' is "pure pop dance and that's what I'm all about," she explains. "The energy is really infectious. I think it's a great song and I'm thrilled that I got to record it."
"I like the defiance in the song," she adds. "It's also got a bit of a wink of the eye at the same time." Watch the Interview Inside!
Minogue downplays her prolific success. "Eleven studio albums, I guess is a lot?"
She recalls recording her first demo tape as a teenager. "It kind of blows my mind when I can clearly remember making my first demo tape -- like cassette -- when I was 17 years old."
Although Kylie started her career in acting, singing was always her passion. "I always dreamt about being a pop singer since a really young age."
Last year, she toured in America for the first time and wants to return.
"Touring in the States would be amazing. We definitely want to come back. I think the shows last year in North America were ... I just felt so enriched from doing them and sharing those evenings with fans who have been really patient ... and 20 years later, I finally get here. I think that kind of planted the seeds," she explains.
"I really can't wait to come back," Kylie says.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actors who played real people
- Bob Dylan's Newport guitar sells in NY for $965,000
- 'Family Guy's' Brian coming back in upcoming episode?
- ?Vampire Diaries' actress Candice Accola stars in The Fray's ?Love Don't Die' video, kisses fiance Joe King ? VIDEO
- Paris Hilton slams fake Nelson Mandela tweet: ?Get a life and stop talking about mine'
- ?Grey's Anatomy's' Meredith Grey vs. ?Scandal's' Olivia Pope: Battle of Shondaland's worst parents ? POLL
- Austin Mahone Wants a Lamborghini for Christmas!
- Danica Patrick on Paul Walker's Death: ?It Feels a Little Bit Too Close to Home'
- Paul Walker's Memorial Service: All the Details
- David Arquette Points at Pregnant Girlfriend Christina McLarty's Baby Bump at Miami Party: See the Picture
- Robert Pattinson Goes Out With Best Friend Tom Sturridge, Sienna Miller in London: Picture
- Evelyn Lozada Identifies Baby Daddy: Carl Crawford of L.A. Dodgers