Video: Sookie Hits 'Sesame Street' as 'True Blood' Becomes 'True Mud'
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 23rd 2010 10:45AM
'Sesame Street' spoofs of popular TV shows can be counted on for both their incredible attention to detail and their fantastic educational lessons. The new season's spoof of HBO's hit vampire series 'True Blood' is no exception.
'True Mud' forgoes all of the series' over-the-top sex and violence for a cleaner snapshot of Merlotte's, with a Sookie Stackhouse look-and-soundalike waiting on a Bill Compton-esque patron desperate for some real mud. Anna Paquin would be proud as her corresponding Muppet gets the order wrong at first, offering up a potato ('True Spud'), then another local comes in with his busted watch (a 'True Dud'). There are more rhymes to follow.
Leave it to the 'Sesame Street' geniuses to get even the look and feel of the incredible 'True Blood' credit sequence down, complete with hogs getting dirty while a spoof of Jace Everett's 'Bad Things' plays in the background. It's really too much to believe so watch it here and let it take your mind off this week's Katy Perry-Sesame Boob Gate.
Some other great 'Sesame Street' spoofs for shows currently on the air:
Get More Classic Sesame Street TV Spoofs >>>
MORE ABOUT Anna Paquin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Anna Paquin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Queen Elizabeth II Photobombs a Selfie at the Commonwealth Games: See the Amazing Picture
- Erin Heatherton Goes Topless on a Horse, Rides a Horse Bareback for Buffalo David Bitton Campaign With Eric Decker
- Kim Kardashian Calls Khloe Kardashian a "Miserable Person" After Selfies Diss on Keeping Up With the Kardashians
- A Baby To Save Their Marriage: Troubled Portia De Rossi Reportedly Wants A Baby With Wife Ellen DeGeneres? And Even Consults A Surrogacy Agency!
- It's Here! Check Out Brand New ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Preview (That Some Say Reeks Of Cheesiness!)
- Long lines start early as Comic-Con floor opens and dedicated fans queue up for coveted toys
- Dolly Parton on how God helps her stick to her country roots
- FOX411's pic of the day