Oksana Got $15 Million to Destroy Mel Gibson Tapes
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 24th 2010 01:45PM
According to TMZ, Mel agreed to pay Oksana and their daughter, Lucia, approximately $15 million if Oksana agreed to "turn over all evidence and represent and warrant that all evidence has been turned over and all evidence will be destroyed in a manner agreed upon by both parties."
"Evidence" in this case was noted as "recordings, audio tapes, emails, text messages, videotapes and photographs ... of Gibson."
In July, Gibson, 54, came under fire when a series of leaked tapes of him screaming at ex-girlfriend Oksana surfaced. Grigorieva has since been accused of using the audio rants to attempt to extort more than $10 million from him.
The agreement gives Oksana a handsome payout, including:
- $1 million when she turns over all of the "evidence
- $10,000 per month for 18 additional years payable beginning in January
- $1 million life insurance policy on Mel,
- The rights to their Getty picture deal, and all profits from her album, totaling $17,112.
- They also agreed about a "joint, mutually agreeable press release about the reasons for the separation."
TMZ claims Oksana refused to sign the formal, longer version of the contract that lays out specifics.
"When a person born in a foreign country comes to America, they look at the American justice system as the best in the world. You have a retired judge as a mediator and some of the best lawyers in L.A. in the mediation and you trust that what they are doing is lawful and proper, " Oksana's lawyer explained. "This truly underscores how victimized she was. Mel deserves better as well."
Mel began dating Oksana last year just a few weeks after his wife of over 30 years filed for divorce.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vogue sued for Kim Kardashian/Kanye West photo shoot video
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Prince and Warner Music make up after epic legal battle
- Joshua Hale Fialkov Fights Like Hell in 'The Devilers'
- Box Office: Not a Good Friday for Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence'
- Harvey Weinstein Backing Publicist Leslie Sloane's New Venture
- ?Salem' review: ?American Horror Story' lite
- ?Devious Maids': Five ideas for plot twists this season
- ?Parks and Recreation' and babies: What will happen to the show?
- Johnny Depp Facts: 33 Things You (Probably) Don't Know About the A-List Star
- The First 'Jersey Boys' Trailer Will Have You Tapping Your Toes (VIDEO)
- 'Transcendence' Review: A Journey Into the Absurd