On Fox's hit series 'Glee,' Romy Rosemont plays Carole Hudson -- Finn's widowed mother and girlfriend to Kurt's well-meaning dad, Burt. PopEater pal Romy has already spoken to us about absolutely loving the musical aspect of the show. "I'm such a musical dork," she told us in August. "I've got every ['Glee'] CD." Now she tells us about the defining moment that set her career in motion: those hours watching 'The Carol Burnett Show.'
"I was so blown away by the strength and the power and the humor and the unadulterated freedom that this woman and her entire crew of people had. It was welcoming and just funny. And the fact that they were allowing her to just fall down and be weird. And I love the fact that she was a woman and didn't care if she looked pretty or put together ... she was playing a character."
Carol Burnett spoke to so many people in so many different ways.
Rosemont says that the way she communicated with her audience was crucial to her success. "She was so approachable. The whole thing she did in the beginning [of each show] to turn up the lights up and she interviewed the audience ... she welcomed them into her living room." Rosemont sees plenty of parallels with her hit FOX series. "'Glee' brings all of that to the masses. I've said to people who can't afford to go out and see a show, they get to turn on the TV and a show. It's like a mini-play each week."
'Glee' kicked off its sophomore season this week. It airs Tuesday nights at 8PM on Fox.
More Defining Moments
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real Housewives of Orange County Recap: Meghan Edmonds Disinvites Shannon Beador From Her Charity Party
- Evangeline Lilly Pregnant, Expecting Second Child — See Her Bump!
- The Bachelorette Recap: Kaitlyn Bristowe Isn't Ready for Hometown Dates, Is She?
- Jewel performs her guilty pleasure song on 'The Josh Wolf Show'
- Amy Schumer defends material after racial insensitivity claims
- Are celebrity seflies exacerbating some fans' body image issues?