Smile Eva Longoria! Inside Adrian Grenier's Brief, Failed Paparazzi Career
By Bryan Alexander Posted Sep 27th 2010 08:15AM
Yes, that Adrian Grenier.
The 'Entourage' star decided to try out working as a celebrity photographer while making his documentary film 'Teenage Paparazzo,' and happened to come across both stars in memorable -- and filmed -- street encounters.
While he didn't last long in the shutterbug biz, there were plenty of Kodak moments. Brooke Shields was especially confused when she looked up from her car to see Grenier in full pap mode.
"She had no idea I would be there ... I had no idea I would be there," Grenier tells PopEater.
In the clip, Shields never seems to get over the surprise of seeing Grenier in the photographer melee.
"When you are getting accosted like that, it's hard to see very much. It's like a dream at times even in normal circumstances," Grenier says. "To see me amongst them must have added to the surreal-ness of the situation."
But it was an effective view into the world Grenier looked to explore in his documentary, which airs on HBO tonight. He turned the camera lens on the paparazzi, and even joined them for a day of shooting to walk (or run) in their shoes.
Hopefully, Shields will be watching, since Grenier has not taken the time to explain to her exactly what he was doing shooting the photographs. "I haven't even seen her since," he says. "But I cannot wait to run into her to talk about it."
And explanations are definitely in order for Longoria, a real-life friend of Grenier's who was also a target of his newly-purchased camera. In the film, she seems a little less surprised to see her friend shooting photographs of her. The pal probably had some idea what it was about because Grenier interviewed her earlier regarding her experiences with the paps.
"But I haven't spoken to her about that particular interaction," Grenier admits sheepishly. "She had no idea it was coming."
Nor did he, he insists; she just happened to be the star the paps came across doing their jobs in Hollywood.
Despite the shock of his celebrity mates, Grenier says the aspect that pushed him out of the photo business the quickest was the toughness of the job. In one scene, he gets his foot squashed in a celebrity photographer scrum and lets out a howl.
"I quit after that," he says, eliminating any fears he'll ditch his 'Entourage' day job to join the pic-taking hordes. "It was too dangerous. I didn't want to risk my feet. I learned it was not that easy. There's a certain skill, and I don't have it. It's a brutal job and very stressful."
"Rehearsing for my workout dvd," writes Kendra Wilkinson. http://twitpic.com/1gnuby
Kenra Wilkinson, TwitPic
Kenra Wilkinson, TwitPic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kris Jenner Clears Up Rumors About Bruce Jenner's Transformation; Monica Lewinsky Was "In Love" With Bill Clinton: Top 5 Stories
- Teresa Giudice Dropped By Crisis Manager Wendy Feldman After Filing Orange Is The New Black Prison Request: Details
- Ryan Phillippe Disses His Own Career: "I've Made 30-Plus Films," "Five of Them Are Good"
- Famed Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta Dies At 82
- Monica Lewinsky Says ?I Lost My Public Self' During First Public Speaking Engagement ? ?I Fell In Love With My Boss'
- A Mother's Desperate Plea: Teresa Giudice Begs Judge To Lock Her Up In Connecticut Near Daughters, After Hiring New Lawyer
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Taylor Swift slams critics for being sexist
- Go Girl! Jennifer Lawrence Swings an Ax and Impresses All the Guys in New Serena Clip
- FKA Twigs Takes "Video Girl" to Extreme With Google Glass in New Conceptual Video: Watch Now!
- RIP Oscar de la Renta: Famous Fashion Designer Remembered by Taylor Swift, Ivanka Trump and More Celebs