Smile Eva Longoria! Inside Adrian Grenier's Brief, Failed Paparazzi Career
By Bryan Alexander Posted Sep 27th 2010 08:15AM
Yes, that Adrian Grenier.
The 'Entourage' star decided to try out working as a celebrity photographer while making his documentary film 'Teenage Paparazzo,' and happened to come across both stars in memorable -- and filmed -- street encounters.
While he didn't last long in the shutterbug biz, there were plenty of Kodak moments. Brooke Shields was especially confused when she looked up from her car to see Grenier in full pap mode.
"She had no idea I would be there ... I had no idea I would be there," Grenier tells PopEater.
In the clip, Shields never seems to get over the surprise of seeing Grenier in the photographer melee.
"When you are getting accosted like that, it's hard to see very much. It's like a dream at times even in normal circumstances," Grenier says. "To see me amongst them must have added to the surreal-ness of the situation."
But it was an effective view into the world Grenier looked to explore in his documentary, which airs on HBO tonight. He turned the camera lens on the paparazzi, and even joined them for a day of shooting to walk (or run) in their shoes.
Hopefully, Shields will be watching, since Grenier has not taken the time to explain to her exactly what he was doing shooting the photographs. "I haven't even seen her since," he says. "But I cannot wait to run into her to talk about it."
And explanations are definitely in order for Longoria, a real-life friend of Grenier's who was also a target of his newly-purchased camera. In the film, she seems a little less surprised to see her friend shooting photographs of her. The pal probably had some idea what it was about because Grenier interviewed her earlier regarding her experiences with the paps.
"But I haven't spoken to her about that particular interaction," Grenier admits sheepishly. "She had no idea it was coming."
Nor did he, he insists; she just happened to be the star the paps came across doing their jobs in Hollywood.
Despite the shock of his celebrity mates, Grenier says the aspect that pushed him out of the photo business the quickest was the toughness of the job. In one scene, he gets his foot squashed in a celebrity photographer scrum and lets out a howl.
"I quit after that," he says, eliminating any fears he'll ditch his 'Entourage' day job to join the pic-taking hordes. "It was too dangerous. I didn't want to risk my feet. I learned it was not that easy. There's a certain skill, and I don't have it. It's a brutal job and very stressful."
"Rehearsing for my workout dvd," writes Kendra Wilkinson. http://twitpic.com/1gnuby
Kenra Wilkinson, TwitPic
Kenra Wilkinson, TwitPic
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Harry Styles Takes Kendall Jenner to Gay Bar, Gwyneth Paltrow Attends Jennifer Aniston's Holiday Party: Top 5 Stories
- Adam Shankman Checks Into Rehab, "Seeking Treatment"
- Paris Hilton Reunites With Simple Life Costar, Former BFF Nicole Richie in Miami: Picture
- Kenya Moore Reveals Heartbreaking Relationship With Her Mother: She Doesn’t Love Me & Pretends I’m Invisible
- 'The Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'
- The Voice's Top 5 Take the Semi-Finals Stage, Sleepy Hollow's Fall Finale's Shocking Reveal and More OMG TV Moments!
- Lea Michele Releases Preview of Debut Single "Cannonball"—Plus, Check Out Her Album Cover for Louder!
- Genetically Blessed Mila Kunis Makes Out With Channing Tatum in Jupiter Ascending Trailer