Not Just Gabourey's Mom, Alice Tan Ridley Shines Through Song
By Maggie Coughlan Posted Sep 27th 2010 03:15PM
Although she is Gabourey's biggest supporter, Ridley is a star in her own right, and she's slowly taking the world by storm with her irrepressible, undeniable voice.
In her more than 20 years as a performer, Ridley has gained a loyal fanbase with her renditions of classics like Tina Turner's 'What's Love Got to Do With It' and Whitney Houston's 'Greatest Love of All.' One of New York City's best kept secrets was let out when Ridley appeared on 'America's Got Talent' and revealed her awe-inspiring voice to the rest of the nation.
The beaming songstress visited PopEater to talk about her "superstar" daughter, who she'd love to perform with, and to sing a clip from her new single, 'Winning.'
"I'm out to woo the hearts of the world," Ridley says of the future of her musical career.
Watch the video after the jump!
Written by Zach Adam and Jenna Torres and produced by Zach Adam and Anthony Gallo, 'Winning' truly exemplifies Ridley's quest to conquer the music world, no matter what obstacles she may encounter. Listen to 'Winning' in its entirety below.
Alice Tan Ridley Visits PopEater
Alice Tan Ridley may be best known as the mother of actress Gabourey Sidibe but her awe inspiring voice makes her unforgettable. Check out the songstress' photo shoot!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Charlie White Marries Fiancee Tanith Belbin: Wedding Details!
- General Hospital Alums and Real-Life Exes Jack and Kristina Wagner Reunite On Screen
- Nina Dobrev Takes Silly Photos With Ex Ian Somerhalder After Filming Last Vampire Diaries Scene Together
- Celebs donate $500,000 scholarships to students on UNCF show
- Lena Dunham: 'When I was raped, I felt powerless'
- Scarlett Johansson says it was hard being married to another actor
- Jared Leto Is Terrifying as the Joker in Suicide Squad—See the New Photo That Will Haunt Your Nightmares!
- Bruce Jenner's Ex-Wife Linda Thompson Posts Essay After ABC Interview, Talks Marriage and Says She's Grateful
- Rob Kardashian Calls Bruce Jenner a "Role Model" After Diane Sawyer Interview, Kim Kardashian Shares Selfies