Not Just Gabourey's Mom, Alice Tan Ridley Shines Through Song
By Maggie Coughlan Posted Sep 27th 2010 03:15PM
Although she is Gabourey's biggest supporter, Ridley is a star in her own right, and she's slowly taking the world by storm with her irrepressible, undeniable voice.
In her more than 20 years as a performer, Ridley has gained a loyal fanbase with her renditions of classics like Tina Turner's 'What's Love Got to Do With It' and Whitney Houston's 'Greatest Love of All.' One of New York City's best kept secrets was let out when Ridley appeared on 'America's Got Talent' and revealed her awe-inspiring voice to the rest of the nation.
The beaming songstress visited PopEater to talk about her "superstar" daughter, who she'd love to perform with, and to sing a clip from her new single, 'Winning.'
"I'm out to woo the hearts of the world," Ridley says of the future of her musical career.
Watch the video after the jump!
Written by Zach Adam and Jenna Torres and produced by Zach Adam and Anthony Gallo, 'Winning' truly exemplifies Ridley's quest to conquer the music world, no matter what obstacles she may encounter. Listen to 'Winning' in its entirety below.
Alice Tan Ridley Visits PopEater
Alice Tan Ridley may be best known as the mother of actress Gabourey Sidibe but her awe inspiring voice makes her unforgettable. Check out the songstress' photo shoot!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taraji P. Henson Walks Back Racial Profiling Statement, Apologizes on Instagram
- Kate Hudson on Ex-Fiance Matthew Bellamy: "We're Family For the Rest of Our Lives"
- TLC's Bride By Design Premiere: How Does Wedding Dress Designer Heidi Elnora Keep the Peace?
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Fergie Turns 40: See the Sweet Message Hubby Josh Duhamel Sent for Her Birthday!
- Prince Harry Catches a Performance of Ex Cressida Bonas' Play as First Anniversary of Breakup Nears: What Does It All Mean?!
- Dr. Dre Didn't Want to Make Straight Outta Compton: I Was Nervous About ''Putting a Blemish on Our Legacy''—Watch!