Jenny McCarthy Reveals Details About Jim Carrey Break Up
The Playboy model-turned-actress-turned-author discusses the relationship on an episode of 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' that airs Tuesday, PEOPLE reports.
McCarthy visits Oprah's couch to discuss her latest book, 'Love, Lust and Faking It,' and while there, is asked what happened with Carrey. "Tell me, when did you know it was over?" Winfrey asks.
McCarthy candidly answers, "You know, the simple word I can give – and there's a few, so let me say a few. The first thing is, when it's not fun anymore, you need to start investigating and do an inquiry into the relationship."
Winfrey asks if reconciliation is possible. "Okay, I'm gonna ask this ... Just because I have to ... Any chance you'll get back together, do you think?"
"God, another good question," replies McCarthy.
"That's sort of a simple one," Winfrey says. McCarthy responds, "I know. I didn't even think about that one, though."
McCarthy also reveals that even though they announced the breakup in April, the couple had split weeks before. "When celebrities break up, usually when people find out about it, it happened way earlier. No matter what, your heart still needs to mend. ...So I feel like we really had some time to... heal a little bit."
During the interview, McCarthy insists to the talk show host that she didn't lose her own identity while dating Carrey. "My identification wasn't caught up [in] being a celebrity's ... girlfriend," she said.
When pressed by Oprah whether she is sure, she continues, "Absolutely. I did check on that, by the way. I checked into myself. How does my ego feel? ... My ego's fine. I'm a warrior mom. I always got back on my feet, and I know especially this year who I am."
Halle Berry called it quits with her boyfriend, Gabriel Aubry, ending their five-year relationship. The couple has a 2-year-old daughter, Nahla Ariel Aubry.
MORE ABOUT Jenny McCarthy
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Jenny McCarthy Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Star Trek' does $70.6M on opening weekend, but falls short of studio's expectations
- Taylor Swift shines at Billboard Music Awards
- Twilight time for Stewart, Pattinson?
- ?All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' season finale: And the winner is?
- EW's Bite of the Night: Submit your favorite quote from tonight's best TV!
- ?Game of Thrones': OK Cupid reveals which characters are most compatible
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2
- 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)