Kat Von D's Ex-Husband: 'She's the Most Self-Centered Person'
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 27th 2010 03:22PM
Kat Von D may have a new relationship with Jesse James, but that didn't stop her ex-husband from telling all about his former wife.
"She's the most self-centered person I've ever been involved with," Oliver Peck told In Touch Weekly. "Toward the end of our marriage, she was wanting to get liposuction, and she was taking drugs in order to lose weight."
The couple were married from 2003 to 2007, and Peck claims he tried to stand by her during her struggles with alcoholism.
The reality star often "got to the point where she was drinking until she was throwing up every day," Oliver said.
"She'd be incoherent and sometimes destructive," he added. He stayed with her until a friend informed him "she was having an affair."
In a twist of fate during their marriage, Oliver and Kat met Jesse James and his now ex-wife, Sandra Bullock, and he says that James didn't leave a good impression.
"Kat and I met Jesse and Sandra [Bullock] about four years ago at a party. Kat said she thought Jesse wasn't very cool."
Von D and James have been dating since August.
"Jesse is only my ninth boyfriend. I don't hang out with anybody unless I am in love," Von D, 28, told PEOPLE in September.
Asked if she feels James, 41, who split from Bullock earlier this year after being caught with a myriad of mistresses, might be "The One," Von D said, "I believe he is, so yeah."
Their relationship blossomed playing Scrabble. "We both realized how nerdy we were," Kat explained.
James was softer-spoken with PEOPLE, giving the mag a simple "yes" when asked if he's happy. And his favorite thing about Kat Von D? "Everything."
Von D says James' cheating scandals didn't faze her. "I stayed away from that as much as possible, and when we connected recently, it was such a positive thing. It was just like, 'Wow, I can't believe I haven't spent this much time with you the entire time I've known you.' Now I'm just embracing it and enjoying it."
She told LA's KROQ radio in late August that she's known the West Coast Choppers owner since she was 22. "We've always been friends, you know? And even when all that negative stuff went down and stuff, I stayed out of all that drama. Going out, people were always asking what I thought about this and that. And I think it's none of my business and it's none of anyone's business really. I think we're all human and we're all capable of making mistakes."
The fact that Von D looks a bit like the most famous of James' tattooed mistresses, Michelle "Bombshell" McGee, doesn't matter to her, either. "I think that I'm his type on a different level than people would assume. Just because I have tattoos doesn't mean we're the perfect match," she explained in the KROQ interview.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katy Perry Hasn't Talked to Russell Brand Since He Texted Her to File for Divorce Over Two Years Ago
- Sasheer Zamata Dishes on Meeting Rihanna After Playing Her on Saturday Night Live
- Blake Lively Teases Ryan Reynolds, Calls Him a "Hypocrite": Cute Pics
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival
- Actress Kelly Rutherford's children must be returned to US, judge says
- Kim Kardashian Plans Kids Trip to Snowy Montana Amid Family Changes, Kylie Jenner Hesitates Going—Get the KUWTK Recap
- Game of Thrones Recap: "The Gift" Finally Gives Fans the Greatest Present Ever
- Morgan Stewart Models in NYC, EJ Johnson Plans Trip to Bahamas, Dorothy Wang's Party Goes Sour—Get the #RichKids Recap!