Kat Von D's Ex-Husband: 'She's the Most Self-Centered Person'
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 27th 2010 03:22PM
Kat Von D may have a new relationship with Jesse James, but that didn't stop her ex-husband from telling all about his former wife.
"She's the most self-centered person I've ever been involved with," Oliver Peck told In Touch Weekly. "Toward the end of our marriage, she was wanting to get liposuction, and she was taking drugs in order to lose weight."
The couple were married from 2003 to 2007, and Peck claims he tried to stand by her during her struggles with alcoholism.
The reality star often "got to the point where she was drinking until she was throwing up every day," Oliver said.
"She'd be incoherent and sometimes destructive," he added. He stayed with her until a friend informed him "she was having an affair."
In a twist of fate during their marriage, Oliver and Kat met Jesse James and his now ex-wife, Sandra Bullock, and he says that James didn't leave a good impression.
"Kat and I met Jesse and Sandra [Bullock] about four years ago at a party. Kat said she thought Jesse wasn't very cool."
Von D and James have been dating since August.
"Jesse is only my ninth boyfriend. I don't hang out with anybody unless I am in love," Von D, 28, told PEOPLE in September.
Asked if she feels James, 41, who split from Bullock earlier this year after being caught with a myriad of mistresses, might be "The One," Von D said, "I believe he is, so yeah."
Their relationship blossomed playing Scrabble. "We both realized how nerdy we were," Kat explained.
James was softer-spoken with PEOPLE, giving the mag a simple "yes" when asked if he's happy. And his favorite thing about Kat Von D? "Everything."
Von D says James' cheating scandals didn't faze her. "I stayed away from that as much as possible, and when we connected recently, it was such a positive thing. It was just like, 'Wow, I can't believe I haven't spent this much time with you the entire time I've known you.' Now I'm just embracing it and enjoying it."
She told LA's KROQ radio in late August that she's known the West Coast Choppers owner since she was 22. "We've always been friends, you know? And even when all that negative stuff went down and stuff, I stayed out of all that drama. Going out, people were always asking what I thought about this and that. And I think it's none of my business and it's none of anyone's business really. I think we're all human and we're all capable of making mistakes."
The fact that Von D looks a bit like the most famous of James' tattooed mistresses, Michelle "Bombshell" McGee, doesn't matter to her, either. "I think that I'm his type on a different level than people would assume. Just because I have tattoos doesn't mean we're the perfect match," she explained in the KROQ interview.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katy Perry Is an Unrecognizable Teenage Singer in 2001 Video: Watch
- JWoww's Daughter Meilani Has Playdate with Snooki's Son Lorenzo: See the Cute Pic!
- Jennifer Lopez: I've "Made Mistakes" With Men, My Kids Stay in the Bronx With Family So They "Get It"
- ?RHOC' Star Tamra Barney Judge Rips ‘Jealous' Lizzie Rovsek: She's ?Insanely Obsessed' With Me ? And Her Marriage Is ?On The Rocks!’
- Joan Rivers on life support, family confirms
- Charlize Theron: My body's not perfect
- Kate Upton, Kirsten Dunst and other stars comment about nude photo leak
- Woman Gets Metal Pole Impaled Through Her Butt During Texting and Driving Accident
- Khloé Kardashian and Scott Disick Join Cast of Royal Pains for Season Finale—See the Exclusive Pic!
- Joan Rivers Remains on Life Support, Says Daughter Melissa: "We Are Extremely Grateful for All the Love"