Strapped Lindsay Had Trouble Posting $300K Bail
By Rob Shuter Posted Sep 27th 2010 08:45AM
Lindsay Lohan was released from jail after only 12 hours late Friday, however, sources tell me it nearly didn't happen when Judge Patricia Schnegg set bail at a whopping $300,000.
"Lindsay hasn't earned that sort of money in a long time," a family insider tells me. "There was a moment when the family honestly thought Lindsay wasn't going to be released because they didn't have that amount of money available to post bail."
My source tells me it would have been a "tragedy" if, after all her lawyer's hard work, Lindsay would have had to stay locked up just because of family money issues.
In the "good news" department, Lindsay is heading back to a live-in rehab facility outside Los Angeles rehab this week. Voluntarily, I might add. She dominated headlines going into last weekend, when she was taken into custody Friday, denied bail, then granted bail by day's end after Judge Schnegg overturned Judge Elden Fox's ruling.
Is she FINALLY heeding her father's pleas to sober up? In a statement to PopEater on Saturday, Michael said, "Hopefully, she will go into a rehab NOW, to keep her freedom, to show the judge that she is serious and to make the decision that will truly change her life for the better."
► Michael Lohan to PopEater: 'God Wanted' This For Lindsay
So whose fault is it that she doesn't have much green these days?
Lindsay hasn't been earning A-list cash for a long time, but she has continued to live the lifestyle of a major star. When I saw the troubled star recently in New York, she was wearing thousands of dollars in designer clothes and was being chauffeured around in a fancy car, all while staying at one of the city's most expensive hotels.
Many insiders have wondered how she paid for this while working so little in recent years.
"It's not a big secret that Lindsay needs money," a friend of the LiLo tells me. "She makes most of her cash selling stories or photographs to the magazines and tabloids, but that is nowhere near the sort of cash she used to earn as an actress. The real problem is that every penny she earns she spends. She's always buying new clothes and shoes from expensive stores. There's no one in Lindsay's life telling her she can't afford it. It's a problem almost as serious as her drug addiction."
Lindsay Lohan visiting Dream Center downtown, an inner city church helping homeless with mom Dina and sister Ali , Lindsay hiding her SCRAM monitoring device sept 26, 2010 X17online.com exclusive *** Local Caption *** 31751379 /X17online.com
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Lindsay Lohan
MORE ABOUT Lindsay Lohan
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lindsay Lohan Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Wal-Mart claims Tracy Morgan, fellow passengers weren't wearing seatbelts in crash
- Amanda Bynes arrested on DUI charge
- 'Django' actress says she didn't cooperate with police because of racial profiling at 16
- The Blacklist Recap: Red Reddington Gets Ruthless to Save His Wife
- Dancing With the Stars Season 19 Movie Night Recap: Two Perfect Scores, One Surprising Elimination
- Jason Derulo Not on "Good Terms" With Jordin Sparks Post-Split; Amanda Bynes Arrested for Second DUI: Top 5 Stories
- Family First ? George Zimmerman's Brother Robert Talks Family Rebranding And His Role Models: ?I Learn A Lot' From Kardashians
- ?The View' Feuds: Rosie O'Donnell & Whoopi Goldberg Fight In Front Of Audience – ?I'm Really Sick Of Your Sh*t!'
- It's A Presidential Baby! Chelsea Clinton Introduces Daughter Charlotte To The World – See Their Bundle Of Joy