'Boardwalk Empire' Star Michael Kenneth Williams Gets Dapper in GQ
By Zach Dionne Posted Sep 27th 2010 02:13PM
The much-buzzed-about new series set in 1920s New Jersey sticks close to its history. "Twenty percent of the vote in Atlantic City back then was black. And if you wanted it, you had to deal with Chalky White," says Williams, who plays the powerful gangster with the catchy name. "This dude was a businessman. He did it for the love of the money, not the thrill of the hunt like Omar [on 'The Wire']."
For his GQ photo shoot, which extols the virtues of the finely-tailored three-piece suit (shot in real-life, modern day Atlantic City), Williams brought along his pal Brooklyn, a miniature Doberman pinscher named after the spot the actor grew up in.
"He's got a little body, huge heart," Williams tells the magazine of his pup.
Asked if he ever tires of being called "Omar" by strangers just about every day of his life, Williams says absolutely not. "Are you kidding? It's a blessing, man. If it wasn't for luck, they could be calling out 'Inmate Number Three.'"
See the full Michael Kenneth Williams photo shoot at GQ.com.
Watch Michael Kenneth Williams and the rest of the cast of HBO's 'Boardwalk Empire' at the red carpet premiere.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lindsay Lohan Drives Recklessly, Is "Sorta" a Mom in Esurance Super Bowl Commercial -- Watch the Full Ad Here
- Idina Menzel Sings the National Anthem Flawlessly at Super Bowl XLIX: Watch Now!
- Power Rangers Samurai Star Ricardo Medina Jr. Arrested For Stabbing Roommate to Death With Sword: Report
- Celebrities offer support for Whitney Houston's daughter
- Steve Kroft's sexually explicit texts to mistress
- 'American Sniper' sets new Super Bowl weekend record