'Boardwalk Empire' Star Michael Kenneth Williams Gets Dapper in GQ
By Zach Dionne Posted Sep 27th 2010 02:13PM
The much-buzzed-about new series set in 1920s New Jersey sticks close to its history. "Twenty percent of the vote in Atlantic City back then was black. And if you wanted it, you had to deal with Chalky White," says Williams, who plays the powerful gangster with the catchy name. "This dude was a businessman. He did it for the love of the money, not the thrill of the hunt like Omar [on 'The Wire']."
For his GQ photo shoot, which extols the virtues of the finely-tailored three-piece suit (shot in real-life, modern day Atlantic City), Williams brought along his pal Brooklyn, a miniature Doberman pinscher named after the spot the actor grew up in.
"He's got a little body, huge heart," Williams tells the magazine of his pup.
Asked if he ever tires of being called "Omar" by strangers just about every day of his life, Williams says absolutely not. "Are you kidding? It's a blessing, man. If it wasn't for luck, they could be calling out 'Inmate Number Three.'"
See the full Michael Kenneth Williams photo shoot at GQ.com.
Watch Michael Kenneth Williams and the rest of the cast of HBO's 'Boardwalk Empire' at the red carpet premiere.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Orlando Bloom Goes Shirtless, Wears Fake Tattoos for Sexy Unlocked Movie Shoot: Photo
- North West Gets a Fabulous Makeover From Aunt Khloe Kardashian: Picture
- Ariana Grande Kisses Boyfriend Big Sean in Sexy New Photos
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Robin Williams' son remembers his dad and Christopher Reeve's friendship