'Boardwalk Empire' Star Michael Kenneth Williams Gets Dapper in GQ
By Zach Dionne Posted Sep 27th 2010 02:13PM
The much-buzzed-about new series set in 1920s New Jersey sticks close to its history. "Twenty percent of the vote in Atlantic City back then was black. And if you wanted it, you had to deal with Chalky White," says Williams, who plays the powerful gangster with the catchy name. "This dude was a businessman. He did it for the love of the money, not the thrill of the hunt like Omar [on 'The Wire']."
For his GQ photo shoot, which extols the virtues of the finely-tailored three-piece suit (shot in real-life, modern day Atlantic City), Williams brought along his pal Brooklyn, a miniature Doberman pinscher named after the spot the actor grew up in.
"He's got a little body, huge heart," Williams tells the magazine of his pup.
Asked if he ever tires of being called "Omar" by strangers just about every day of his life, Williams says absolutely not. "Are you kidding? It's a blessing, man. If it wasn't for luck, they could be calling out 'Inmate Number Three.'"
See the full Michael Kenneth Williams photo shoot at GQ.com.
Watch Michael Kenneth Williams and the rest of the cast of HBO's 'Boardwalk Empire' at the red carpet premiere.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Zayn Malik Packs on the PDA With Fiancee Perrie Edwards After Exiting One Direction ? See the Vacay Snap
- Kate Burton Isn't Afraid of Aging -- Find Out Why the Full Circle Star Said No to Plastic Surgery
- Katy Perry Accidentally Gives Out Her Phone Number While Sharing Video of Dog Butters, Fans Freak Out Trying to Help Her
- Scott Weiland & the Wildabouts' guitarist Jeremy Brown dies at 34
- 'Brooklyn 99' star Chelsea Peretti helped broke ball player
- Tom Hanks' son Chet Haze threatens Howard Stern
- Zayn Malik Doesn't Look Like He's Missing One Direction One Bit While on Vacation With Perrie Edwards: See Their PDA Pic!
- Alright! The Going Rate for a Matthew McConnaughey Speech Is $135,000
- Prince Harry, aka Captain Wales, Gets Ready to Return to Army Duty One Last Time—in Australia: All the Details!