'Boardwalk Empire' Star Michael Kenneth Williams Gets Dapper in GQ
By Zach Dionne Posted Sep 27th 2010 02:13PM
The much-buzzed-about new series set in 1920s New Jersey sticks close to its history. "Twenty percent of the vote in Atlantic City back then was black. And if you wanted it, you had to deal with Chalky White," says Williams, who plays the powerful gangster with the catchy name. "This dude was a businessman. He did it for the love of the money, not the thrill of the hunt like Omar [on 'The Wire']."
For his GQ photo shoot, which extols the virtues of the finely-tailored three-piece suit (shot in real-life, modern day Atlantic City), Williams brought along his pal Brooklyn, a miniature Doberman pinscher named after the spot the actor grew up in.
"He's got a little body, huge heart," Williams tells the magazine of his pup.
Asked if he ever tires of being called "Omar" by strangers just about every day of his life, Williams says absolutely not. "Are you kidding? It's a blessing, man. If it wasn't for luck, they could be calling out 'Inmate Number Three.'"
See the full Michael Kenneth Williams photo shoot at GQ.com.
Watch Michael Kenneth Williams and the rest of the cast of HBO's 'Boardwalk Empire' at the red carpet premiere.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez Reunite at Texas Starbucks After Miami Deposition
- Ron Livingston Wears Speedo as Fat Elvis on Set of The Shangri-La Suite: Picture
- Lupita Nyong'o Wears $58 Headband to Essence Luncheon: Get the Look!
- ‘Good Morning America’ NOT Allowed To Ask Crocodile Hunter’s Widow, Kids About SeaWorld Blackfish Documentary
- Ted Turner hospitalized in South America
- Taylor Swift befriends a Victoria's Secret beauty
- Experts explain release of Justin Bieber's jail footage
- Juan Pablo Galavis the "Worst Bachelor Ever"? Producers Can't Wait for Season to Be Over!
- Read the Heroic Story of How This Dog Saved Her Owner's Life After a Snowmobile Crash
- Someone Is Taking Hilarious Picture of Leonardo DiCaprio Cutouts Around NYC for a Photo Series Called "My Day With Leo"