'Ferris Bueller' Star Jeffrey Jones Pleads Guilty to Sex Offender Registration Charges
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 28th 2010 04:30PM
Jones, who played Principle Rooney in 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off,' admitted to failing to update his sex offender registration, TMZ reports.
As a result of his plea, he's been sentenced to three years formal probation and 250 hours of community service.
The actor, 64, was ordered in 2003 to register as a sex offender after pleading no contest to a felony charge of inducing a 14-year-old boy to pose for nude photos at his Hollywood Hills home.
According to court records, Jones employed the boy several times, beginning in 2000, and coaxed him to pose in various situations, including with a cowboy hat and as a Native American.
Aside from 'Bueller,' Jones has enjoyed a prosperous career over the past 30-plus years, with substantial roles in 'Amadeus,' 'The Devil's Advocate' and recently the HBO series 'Deadwood.' Prior to his 2003 arrest, he appeared in a number of films by director Tim Burton, including 'Beetlejuice,' 'Ed Wood' and 'Sleepy Hollow.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The many faces of Renee Zellweger
- 'The Knick' Star Eric Johnson Signs With WME (Exclusive)
- Greg Garcia Developing Sebastian Maniscalco Comedy for NBC
- NBC News Freelance Cameraman Now Free of Ebola
- Live-action ?Static Shock,' ?Mortal Kombat' unveiled as part of WB digital slate
- What is going on at Marvel? A PopWatch conspiracy theory
- Someone made a real hoverboard, so you should maybe get excited a little bit
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Soundtrack Will Get a Cassette Release (PHOTO)
- New 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Teaser Pits Gale vs. Peeta (VIDEO)
- After 2 Seasons, FX Has Cancelled 'The Bridge'