'Ferris Bueller' Star Jeffrey Jones Pleads Guilty to Sex Offender Registration Charges
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 28th 2010 04:30PM
Jones, who played Principle Rooney in 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off,' admitted to failing to update his sex offender registration, TMZ reports.
As a result of his plea, he's been sentenced to three years formal probation and 250 hours of community service.
The actor, 64, was ordered in 2003 to register as a sex offender after pleading no contest to a felony charge of inducing a 14-year-old boy to pose for nude photos at his Hollywood Hills home.
According to court records, Jones employed the boy several times, beginning in 2000, and coaxed him to pose in various situations, including with a cowboy hat and as a Native American.
Aside from 'Bueller,' Jones has enjoyed a prosperous career over the past 30-plus years, with substantial roles in 'Amadeus,' 'The Devil's Advocate' and recently the HBO series 'Deadwood.' Prior to his 2003 arrest, he appeared in a number of films by director Tim Burton, including 'Beetlejuice,' 'Ed Wood' and 'Sleepy Hollow.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Orlando Bloom threw a punch at Justin Bieber at Spanish hotspot, report says
- Zac Efron acknowledges addiction issues with Bear Grylls
- ESPN suspends Stephen A. Smith for comments about provoking assault
- Emmys: Inside the Long, Strange History of the Reality Host Battle
- Telemundo Will Produce a Spanish-Language American Music Awards in 2015 (Exclusive)
- 'Sharknado 2' Writer on Embracing the 'Outlandish,' Skirting Around Logic (Q&A)
- The 9 Best 'Sharknado' GIFs Ever
- Best of Late Night TV: Daniel Radcliffe Cuts a Stranger's Hair, Vin Diesel Gives Language Lessons (VIDEO)
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'