Video: Yoko Approves of Lennon Biopic 'Nowhere Boy'
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 28th 2010 11:13AM
Fortunately, the new biopic 'Nowhere Boy,' depicting the troubled youth of a pre-Beatles Lennon, nabbed Yoko's stamp of approval. At a screening last week in New York, Ono (seen at right with 20-year-old Aaron Johnson, who portrays Lennon) was announced by director Sam Taylor-Wood for a brief introduction to the film.
"I'm so glad you guys are here to watch this film. The first time I saw this film, I was choked up. It's an incredibly, incredibly real film. That's what I like about it; [Sam] is telling the truth," Yoko said.
See the full clip after the jump and learn what Yoko thinks John would have thought of 'Nowhere Boy.'
"John would have loved it, because he would have loved that you know the pain he went through in his childhood," Yoko said. "That pain really created all the songs and statements he made. It made him a very wise person. You might think it's terrible John went through all this, but it was a blessing."
Watch the video:
And while she approves of the film's treatment of her husband, Yoko also boasted about the director herself, saying, "Sam Taylor-Wood is really changing our vision of what a film director can be."
"I'm so happy you're here because you're such a powerful driving force," Taylor-Wood said to Yoko in her opening remarks, before getting tongue tied; her appreciation of her subject's widow's enthusiasm was clear.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joey Fatone and Nick Carter are feuding
- Missy describes Uncle Si as 'tenderhearted' and 'a bit crazy'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'
- Inside Tarantino's 'Hateful Eight' Reading: Director Reveals He's Writing Second Draft, With New Ending
- Bryan Singer's Attorney: Accuser's Witnesses are 'Liars' (Exclusive)
- Tribeca: Scorsese's Longtime Editor Thelma Schoonmaker Dissects 'Raging Bull'
- James Franco and other celebs who just can't stand criticism
- This Week on Stage: James Franco dishes, Audra McDonald dazzles (again)
- Is Gwen Stefani a good fit for ?The Voice'? ? POLL
- 'The Normal Heart' Trailer: Mark Ruffalo Speaks Out (VIDEO)
- Watch the Chilling Opening Scene to Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes' (VIDEO)
- Steven Spielberg's Next Movie May Be Religious Drama 'The Kidnapping of Eduardo Mortara'