Video: Yoko Approves of Lennon Biopic 'Nowhere Boy'
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 28th 2010 11:13AM
Fortunately, the new biopic 'Nowhere Boy,' depicting the troubled youth of a pre-Beatles Lennon, nabbed Yoko's stamp of approval. At a screening last week in New York, Ono (seen at right with 20-year-old Aaron Johnson, who portrays Lennon) was announced by director Sam Taylor-Wood for a brief introduction to the film.
"I'm so glad you guys are here to watch this film. The first time I saw this film, I was choked up. It's an incredibly, incredibly real film. That's what I like about it; [Sam] is telling the truth," Yoko said.
See the full clip after the jump and learn what Yoko thinks John would have thought of 'Nowhere Boy.'
"John would have loved it, because he would have loved that you know the pain he went through in his childhood," Yoko said. "That pain really created all the songs and statements he made. It made him a very wise person. You might think it's terrible John went through all this, but it was a blessing."
Watch the video:
And while she approves of the film's treatment of her husband, Yoko also boasted about the director herself, saying, "Sam Taylor-Wood is really changing our vision of what a film director can be."
"I'm so happy you're here because you're such a powerful driving force," Taylor-Wood said to Yoko in her opening remarks, before getting tongue tied; her appreciation of her subject's widow's enthusiasm was clear.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actor Christoph Waltz rushed off stage after sounds of gunfire erupt at live talk show
- Report: Beyonce pregnant with second child
- Taylor Swift fan arrested for trying to 'visit' her home: How can celebs protect themselves from obsessive fans?
- Cannes: Beta Set to Sell Out on Award Winners 'Child's Pose,' 'Oh Boy'
- Cannes: Magnolia Picks Up Tony Jaa's 'The Protector 2' for U.S.
- Cannes: The One Percent Flocks to Film Investment
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted!
- Peter Parker with a bong? Joe Casey springs ?The Bounce' ? FIRST LOOK
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2
- 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title