Video: Yoko Approves of Lennon Biopic 'Nowhere Boy'
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 28th 2010 11:13AM
Fortunately, the new biopic 'Nowhere Boy,' depicting the troubled youth of a pre-Beatles Lennon, nabbed Yoko's stamp of approval. At a screening last week in New York, Ono (seen at right with 20-year-old Aaron Johnson, who portrays Lennon) was announced by director Sam Taylor-Wood for a brief introduction to the film.
"I'm so glad you guys are here to watch this film. The first time I saw this film, I was choked up. It's an incredibly, incredibly real film. That's what I like about it; [Sam] is telling the truth," Yoko said.
See the full clip after the jump and learn what Yoko thinks John would have thought of 'Nowhere Boy.'
"John would have loved it, because he would have loved that you know the pain he went through in his childhood," Yoko said. "That pain really created all the songs and statements he made. It made him a very wise person. You might think it's terrible John went through all this, but it was a blessing."
Watch the video:
And while she approves of the film's treatment of her husband, Yoko also boasted about the director herself, saying, "Sam Taylor-Wood is really changing our vision of what a film director can be."
"I'm so happy you're here because you're such a powerful driving force," Taylor-Wood said to Yoko in her opening remarks, before getting tongue tied; her appreciation of her subject's widow's enthusiasm was clear.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- 'Silkwood': Read THR's 1983 Review
- Stephen Hawking's 5 Most Mind-Blowing Quotes
- How the Media Covered The Real Events That Inspired 'Foxcatcher'
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- 10 of the Greatest Movie Transformations Ever
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Family Review: 5 Things Every Parent Should Know
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Snags Brenton Thwaites, Possibly Javier Bardem