'Sister Wives' Family on Bigamy Investigation: 'Risk Worth Taking'
By Zach Dionne Posted Sep 28th 2010 03:26PM
In response to the investigation, the Brown family issued the following statement to PopEater: "We are disappointed in the announcement of an investigation, but when we decided to do this show, we knew there would be risks. But for the sake of our family, and most importantly, our kids, we felt it was a risk worth taking."
Police told PEOPLE Monday they were looking into the family's situation before the show's Sunday premiere, and confirmed that publicity surrounding the series prompted the legal curiosity.
"At the conclusion of the investigation, the evidence will be forwarded to the Utah County Attorney's Office for review and possible prosecution," Lt. Darren Paul said.
According to PEOPLE, bigamy is classified as a third-degree felony in Utah but isn't often investigated.
See a clip from 'Sister Wives':
The family is content with their lifestyle, nontraditional -- and legally punishable -- as it may be. "If we raise productive, contributing members of society who are moral and ethical, that's our final goal, whatever their path is," says Janelle Brown, 40, who has six children with Kody.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Demi Lovato Gets Injured in San Antonio Concert, Wears Arm Sling: Picture
- Trista Sutter Surprised Ryan Sutter With Colorado Camping Trip for 40th Birthday: Details, Pictures
- Rob Bironas Dies at Age 36: Former Tennessee Titans Kicker Killed in Car Crash
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Vince Neil says no more country music for Motley Crue
- Ryan Seacrest talks new season of 'American Idol'
- 'Maze Runner' tops the box office this weekend
- Hilary Duff Is "Totally Open to" a Lizzie McGuire Reunion: "So Many People Loved Her"
- Kelly Osbourne Gets Emotional as She Remembers Her Dear Friend Joan Rivers—Watch the Sweet Clip!
- Katherine Heigl Seemingly Confuses Iraq for Afghanistan in State of Affairs On-Set Snap