David Letterman: Oprah Hated Me for a Long Time
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 29th 2010 10:47AM
Jon Stewart on 'The Late Show' last night, David Letterman told the tale of why Oprah really hates him. Letterman explained that long before their 16-year feud, Letterman pulled a prank on Winfrey at a french restaurant that left a bad taste in her mouth. In what sounds like a scene out of a Larry David TV show, Letterman made her pay for his lunch without her knowing about it.
Stewart brought up the Academy Awards incident in 1995 where Letterman made an awkward joke about Oprah's name being similar to Uma Thurman, and then Letterman went into the backstory.
Watch the whole story in full:
MORE ABOUT Oprah Winfrey
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Oprah Winfrey Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Beyonce Releases New, Self-Titled Album on iTunes: Singer Shocks Fans With Surprise
- Jeff Perry: Scandal Actor Joins Us For Live Twitter Q&A! Read His Spoilers and Surprising Behind-the-Scenes Details!
- Emmy Rossum Spoofs Gisele Bundchen, Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris Share Their Christmas Card: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- OC Housewife Tamra Barney Asks Judge To Overturn Ex-Husband's Ban On Their Children Appearing On Reality Show
- Beyonce releases surprise new album on iTunes
- Records: Jane Fonda's charity foundation hasn't made donation in 5 years
- Maxim names annual Hometown Hottie: And the winner is...