David Letterman: Oprah Hated Me for a Long Time
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 29th 2010 10:47AM
Jon Stewart on 'The Late Show' last night, David Letterman told the tale of why Oprah really hates him. Letterman explained that long before their 16-year feud, Letterman pulled a prank on Winfrey at a french restaurant that left a bad taste in her mouth. In what sounds like a scene out of a Larry David TV show, Letterman made her pay for his lunch without her knowing about it.
Stewart brought up the Academy Awards incident in 1995 where Letterman made an awkward joke about Oprah's name being similar to Uma Thurman, and then Letterman went into the backstory.
Watch the whole story in full:
MORE ABOUT Oprah Winfrey
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Oprah Winfrey Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicole Richie As Cruella De Vil, Kids as 101 Dalmatians For Halloween: See Their Adorable Costumes
- Amal Alamuddin's Aunts Were "Fangirling Over" George Clooney at Wedding Bash
- Kate Hudson Halloween Party Guest Wears Blue Balls Costume, Wins Halloween
- Leaving Already? NeNe Leakes Skips ?RHOA' Cast Trip Amid Rumors She's Quitting The Show ? The Real Reason She RSVP'd No
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Play E! Online's Christmas TV Movie Bingo Game This Holiday Season!
- Scott Disick Reveals He Takes Anxiety Medication to Avoid Feeling the Need to "Jump Out of My Skin" After Parents' Death
- Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger Headed for a Split? ''Things Still Aren't Good,'' Says Source