David Letterman: Oprah Hated Me for a Long Time
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 29th 2010 10:47AM
Jon Stewart on 'The Late Show' last night, David Letterman told the tale of why Oprah really hates him. Letterman explained that long before their 16-year feud, Letterman pulled a prank on Winfrey at a french restaurant that left a bad taste in her mouth. In what sounds like a scene out of a Larry David TV show, Letterman made her pay for his lunch without her knowing about it.
Stewart brought up the Academy Awards incident in 1995 where Letterman made an awkward joke about Oprah's name being similar to Uma Thurman, and then Letterman went into the backstory.
Watch the whole story in full:
MORE ABOUT Oprah Winfrey
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Oprah Winfrey Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robert Pattinson Shamelessly Grabs Girlfriend FKA Twigs' Butt During Lunch: Photo
- Bill Cosby's New Rape Allegations: Everything We Know So Far
- Biz Markie Drops 140 Pounds, Says He "Wanted to Live": See Before and After Pictures
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Woman on polygamy show 'My Five Wives' accuses father of abuse
- Hitler watercolor sells at auction for $162,000
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- North West's Latest Must-Have Accessory Revealed: See Kimye's Daughter Work Sunglasses
- Jessica Simpson's Little Black Dress Won't Overshadow Her Kids' Cuteness—See the Family Photos
- PDA Alert! Robert Pattinson Grabs FKA Twigs' Butt After Holding Her Hand During Romantic Stroll