David Letterman: Oprah Hated Me for a Long Time
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 29th 2010 10:47AM
Jon Stewart on 'The Late Show' last night, David Letterman told the tale of why Oprah really hates him. Letterman explained that long before their 16-year feud, Letterman pulled a prank on Winfrey at a french restaurant that left a bad taste in her mouth. In what sounds like a scene out of a Larry David TV show, Letterman made her pay for his lunch without her knowing about it.
Stewart brought up the Academy Awards incident in 1995 where Letterman made an awkward joke about Oprah's name being similar to Uma Thurman, and then Letterman went into the backstory.
Watch the whole story in full:
MORE ABOUT Oprah Winfrey
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Oprah Winfrey Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- John Oliver Hilariously Blasts the Miss America Pageant Over Scholarship Claims on Last Week Tonight: Watch the Video
- Fran Drescher Honeymoons in France With Husband Shiva Ayyadurai After Surprise Wedding: Picture
- Ben McKenzie "Cried Often" While Watching Marley and Me on a Plane: Watch Him Explain the Breakdown
- Take That Kris! Bruce Files Response To Estranged Wife's Divorce Papers ? READ The Bombshell Documents
- Tim McGraw: My wild night with Kid Rock
- Report: Miss America Kira Kazantsev kicked out of sorority for hazing
- Then/Now: The cast of 'Friends'
- Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Make Their Voice Debut: Would You Turn Your Chair for These New Judges?
- Newlyweds Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Take the Kids Bowling in Malta—Get the Details!
- Ben McKenzie Explains Why He Shared Pics of His Gotham Injury, Talks Current Relationship Status: Watch Now!