David Letterman: Oprah Hated Me for a Long Time
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 29th 2010 10:47AM
Jon Stewart on 'The Late Show' last night, David Letterman told the tale of why Oprah really hates him. Letterman explained that long before their 16-year feud, Letterman pulled a prank on Winfrey at a french restaurant that left a bad taste in her mouth. In what sounds like a scene out of a Larry David TV show, Letterman made her pay for his lunch without her knowing about it.
Stewart brought up the Academy Awards incident in 1995 where Letterman made an awkward joke about Oprah's name being similar to Uma Thurman, and then Letterman went into the backstory.
Watch the whole story in full:
MORE ABOUT Oprah Winfrey
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Oprah Winfrey Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Emma Watson in Beauty and the Beast: See How the Star Would Look in Belle's Classic Costumes!
- Shannen Doherty: "My Heart Breaks" for Tori Spelling, True Tori Makes Me "Uncomfortable"
- Kristen Stewart Is Taking a Break From Hollywood, Acting: "I Need to Breathe"
- Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson reunite for comedy 'She's Funny That Way'
- Outdoor Channel host Theresa Vail says hunting saved her life
- Gabrielle Union explains why she asked Dwyane Wade for a prenup