Comedian Greg Giraldo Dies After Drug Overdose
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 29th 2010 05:16PM
"Greg Giraldo passed away today. This is the last photo of us together, taken June 28 at Noam's wedding. RIP buddy," Norton wrote on his Twitter account.
A source told TMZ, "Greg passed away today at the hospital in New Brunswick as a result of an accidental overdose. His family was by his side."
The 44-year-old comedian was hospitalized Saturday.
Giraldo, who recently helped roast David Hasselhoff on Comedy Central, was found unresponsive during a party at his hotel in East Brunswick, New Jersey. "It was like a zoo here," an eyewitness said of the bash, The New York Post reported.
Paramedics resuscitated Giraldo and rushed him to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in nearby New Brunswick.
He was a father of four and has been open about his past substance abuse. Ironically, Giraldo was scheduled to perform at the New York Recovery Rally at Randall's Island Park in NYC earlier on Saturday to mark National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month.
Recently Departed Celebrities
Gloria Stuart, Sept. 26: The 1930s Hollywood leading lady who years later became the oldest Academy Award acting nominee for her role as the spunky survivor in 'Titanic,' died of respiratory failure at her Los Angeles home. She was 100.
Steve Granitz, WireImage
Steve Granitz, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Shay Mitchell Splits From Boyfriend Ryan Silverstein After a Year of Dating
- Miranda Kerr Goes Without Underwear, Flashes Lots of Leg in Black Perforated Leather Look in Paris: See the Pictures
- Taken 3 Trailer Released: Liam Neeson Framed for Murder, Beats Up Bad Guys
- ?Absolutely Green' Khloe Kardashian Admittedly Needed Work On The X Factor, Former Co-Host Mario Lopez Says
- ?Bachelorette' Baby! Ashley Hebert & Husband J.P. Rosenbaum Welcome Son Fordham Rhys
- ?In Denial': Amanda Bynes' Parents Don't Believe She Needs Meds, Conservatorship, Claims Source
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Anita Baker sued by lawyer who claims she owes him money
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young left band due to dementia
- Alicia Keys Reveals Her Due Date—Find Out When the Singer Will Give Birth to Her Second Child!
- Rita Ora: String Bean, Asparagus or Cold-Pressed Green Juice? See the Crazy Green Look!
- Diem Brown Speaks About Latest Cancer Battle: ''I'm Really Looking Forward to Having One Painless, Fun Day''