Comedian Greg Giraldo Dies After Drug Overdose
By PopEater Staff Posted Sep 29th 2010 05:16PM
"Greg Giraldo passed away today. This is the last photo of us together, taken June 28 at Noam's wedding. RIP buddy," Norton wrote on his Twitter account.
A source told TMZ, "Greg passed away today at the hospital in New Brunswick as a result of an accidental overdose. His family was by his side."
The 44-year-old comedian was hospitalized Saturday.
Giraldo, who recently helped roast David Hasselhoff on Comedy Central, was found unresponsive during a party at his hotel in East Brunswick, New Jersey. "It was like a zoo here," an eyewitness said of the bash, The New York Post reported.
Paramedics resuscitated Giraldo and rushed him to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in nearby New Brunswick.
He was a father of four and has been open about his past substance abuse. Ironically, Giraldo was scheduled to perform at the New York Recovery Rally at Randall's Island Park in NYC earlier on Saturday to mark National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month.
Recently Departed Celebrities
Gloria Stuart, Sept. 26: The 1930s Hollywood leading lady who years later became the oldest Academy Award acting nominee for her role as the spunky survivor in 'Titanic,' died of respiratory failure at her Los Angeles home. She was 100.
Steve Granitz, WireImage
Steve Granitz, WireImage
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vin Diesel Says Paul Walker Was the "Guide Into Fatherhood" for Him: "It's Kind of Beautiful"
- Liv Tyler Works a Tuxedo Blazer, Slimming Leggings on the Red Carpet: See Her Post-Baby Body
- Jill Duggar Shows Off 40 Weeks Pregnant Photo Ahead of Engagement Anniversary
- 'Sopranos' star Drea De Matteo's apartment destroyed in NYC East Village explosion
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- Vin Diesel: 'Furious 7' deserves an Oscar but the Academy doesn't like action flicks
- Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Spotted "Getting Snuggly" at Kenny Chesney's Concert in Nashville—See Pics!
- Billy Zane Thinks All the Zayn Malik Tweets Are About Him—Watch the Hilarious Video Now!
- Ashton Kutcher, Audra McDonald and James Van Der Beek Slam Indiana Governor Mike Pence for Passing Anti-Gay Bill