Forget 'Sesame Street' as Katy Perry Guest Stars on 'The Simpsons'
By Christo Varghese Posted Sep 29th 2010 06:00PM
Less than a week after Katy Perry's duet with Elmo was cut from an episode of Sesame Street, news breaks that she has her next big TV gig already lined up. Perry is set to appear as herself in a puppet version of 'The Simpsons,' cleavage and all.
According to Entertainment Weekly, Katy will appear in a live action segment during the holiday episode titled 'The 39 Days of Christmas.' This episode will actually be an all puppet version and Katy will be playing bartender Moe's girlfriend. Perry won't be the only celebrity gracing this episode; Martha Stewart also pops up, but in cartoon form.
Perry's cover of her own 'Hot N Cold' was cut from 'Sesame Street' after PBS received a wave of protest over her slightly-revealing dress. 'Sesame' executive producer Carol-Lynn Parente gave some more clarification around the decision to edit out Perry last week.
"We would never produce anything that we thought was inappropriate," she said. "We were surprised at the amount of feedback -- it was a lot -- we viewed a lot if the feedback and made what we felt was an appropriate decision."
Perry didn't appear insulted, have a great time with the mini-stir during a hilarious turn on 'Saturday Night Live' in a revealing Elmo shirt.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Katy Perry
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Katy Perry Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Future Vents After Ciara Brings Baby Future to Russell Wilson's Training Camp
- Lenny Kravitz Accidentally Flashes Penis During Concert After Splitting His Leather Pants -- Yes, Like His Whole Penis
- Kelly Osbourne Sparks Outrage With Insensitive Comment About Latinos: "Who Is Going to Clean Your Toilets, Donald Trump?"
- Kim Kardashian's selfie book 'Selfish' didn't sell
- Kelly Osbourne's comments on 'The View' offend
- Designer Arnold Scaasi dies at 85
- Snooki Plumps Her Lips, Says Enhancing Her Pout Makes Her "Feel Better"—See the Pic!
- Jason Segel Ate ''2 Hot Pockets Every 3 Hours'' to Pack on 40 Pounds for New Movie: Watch Now
- Karlie Kloss Fronts Both Glamour & Flare's September Issues—Plus, See More September 2015 Covers!