The Script, 'For the First Time' -- Song Premiere
By Cristin Maher Posted Sep 29th 2010 11:30AM
In an interview with the Sydney radio station Nova 96.9, singer Danny O'Donoghue described the meaning behind 'For the First Time.' "We got home [from tour] and realised there's a stark reality out there, the recession has hit, people are losing their jobs and their valuable things," O'Donoghue said. "We thought, this almost pales in comparison to our news."
Upon first listen, 'For the First Time,' which premiered at No. 1 on Irish charts, is a heart-wreching song. The first lines of the song read, "She's all laid up in bed with a broken heart / While I'm drinking Jack all alone in my local bar." O'Donoghue's emotional vocals further lend to the song's sad and serious manner.
Although the song has a somber essence, the Script wanted their song to end on a more positive note. "We needed a message of hope, as being are being stripped of all these things, they're realising what's really important," O'Donoghue explained. "It's all about going back to basics, drinking cheap wine, eating your dinner off the floor. That's when you meet each other for the first time, when you have nothing."
Check out the Script's 'For the First Time' below.
Listen to 'For the First Time'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Out of their league: Ugly guys who date bombshells
- Grizzly Bear frontman slams Taylor Swift
- Alan Jackson's new song 'Angels and Alcohol' debuts at no. 1
- Extra Scoop: Nick Gordon's Family Says He Did Not Cause Bobbi Kristina's Death
- Extra Hot Deals: Kimono Scarves, Skincare, and Necklaces!
- Charlotte McKinney's Big Boobs Are a Huge Struggle for Her — See the Six Reasons Why!