The Script, 'For the First Time' -- Song Premiere
By Cristin Maher Posted Sep 29th 2010 11:30AM
In an interview with the Sydney radio station Nova 96.9, singer Danny O'Donoghue described the meaning behind 'For the First Time.' "We got home [from tour] and realised there's a stark reality out there, the recession has hit, people are losing their jobs and their valuable things," O'Donoghue said. "We thought, this almost pales in comparison to our news."
Upon first listen, 'For the First Time,' which premiered at No. 1 on Irish charts, is a heart-wreching song. The first lines of the song read, "She's all laid up in bed with a broken heart / While I'm drinking Jack all alone in my local bar." O'Donoghue's emotional vocals further lend to the song's sad and serious manner.
Although the song has a somber essence, the Script wanted their song to end on a more positive note. "We needed a message of hope, as being are being stripped of all these things, they're realising what's really important," O'Donoghue explained. "It's all about going back to basics, drinking cheap wine, eating your dinner off the floor. That's when you meet each other for the first time, when you have nothing."
Check out the Script's 'For the First Time' below.
Listen to 'For the First Time'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jason Aldean and Brittany Kerr wants kids 'in a few years'
- Comedy Central to offer uncensored version of Justin Bieber's roast
- Michelle Rodriguez almost quit the first ?Fast & Furious' film?
- Helen Mirren Accepts Award on Helium, Gets Saucy With Jimmy Fallon
- Comedy Central's Justin Bieber Roast: Funniest Jokes About the "King Joffrey" of Pop, Martha Stewart, and More!
- Dancing With the Stars Week 3 Recap: Who Brought the Heat in Latin Week and Who Went Home?