Melissa Etheridge Predicts End of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'
By Melinda Newman Posted Sep 30th 2010 10:26AM
"I know that we as a country and we as a world are moving forward into understanding that you can't legislate people's choices and what one person considers good and what one person considers bad," the musician and gay tells PopEater.
All decisions are governed by fear or love, Etheridge believes. "It's crazy and I know that those votes only come from fear," she says. "That they push those votes through in an election year, it just shows who's running the show up there."
The 'Fearless Love' singer foresees a day when civil rights are a foregone conclusion. "Fears of terrorism, of being attacked, these very seemingly real things that are there, they get all tangled up with love and gay rights," she says. "I know in the next 10, 20 years this will all be behind us and we will all sort of laugh at those crazy days when 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' was a law."
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The roles that got away
- FOX411's pic of the day
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: Sheldon heading to space?
- Harrison Ford in Plane Crash: New Details
- Kyle Richards Responds to ?RHOBH' Fight Between Sister Kim and Lisa Rinna
- Nick Gordon's Mom Drops Bombshell Claim About Whitney Houston
- Jessa Duggar, Ben Seewald Share Romantic Mini-Vacation Pictures, Enjoy Sunset Kisses
- Kelly Clarkson Admits Dating Justin Guarini, Denies Calling Miley Cyrus a "Pitchy Stripper" on WWHL
- Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" Gets Bizarre-Yet-Perfect Game of Thrones Mash-Up: Watch Now!