Oksana Passed on Big Bucks to Do Oprah Interview
By Rob Shuter Posted Sep 30th 2010 09:39AM
Mel Gibson's ex, Oksana Grigorieva, is set to spill it to Oprah Winfrey in her first TV interview since the abuse scandal broke this year. Sources tell me Oksana passed on big-money offers from various networks in order sit down with the doesn't-pay-her-guests Oprah, who I'm told made sure no topic will be off limits when they speak.
"Everyone knows Oprah doesn't pay," one TV insider tells me. "Oksana could have made big bucks from doing a tell-all with one of the networks that day. She could have made a million dollars if she's willing to tell all about her rocky relationship with Mel and explain why she recorded those infamous tapes, however it seems that she has taken the high road and will do Oprah for free."
Sources tell me one of the reasons Oksana wanted to talk with Oprah so much, apart from the fact that she is OPRAH, is that she wanted everyone to see that this has never been about the money for her. She never got paid for the leaked tapes and is sick of being portrayed as a gold digger in the media. Going on Oprah will finally let her tell her side of the story.
"She wants to make sure that her baby daughter [Lucia] can look back when she is older and be proud of her mom," a friend of the singer tells me. "Oksana did nothing wrong except fall in love with a man she didn't really know. She's not nervous about the interview. She is looking forward to it."
TV insiders tell me Oprah only agreed to do the interview for her last 25th season if no questions were off limits. Oksana and her people agreed. Other shows that were eager to get Oksana included '60 Minutes,' 'Dateline' and several networks that were offering prime-time specials.
A rep for Harpo, Winfrey's production company, told Us magazine that it was not ready to make any announcement confirming the booking at this time.
- Filed under:
- Highbrow -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Oprah Winfrey
MORE ABOUT Oprah Winfrey
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Oprah Winfrey Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kris Jenner Had No Comment on Bruce Jenner Interview? "I Wasn't Asked"
- Bruce Jenner Was Terrified to Come Out to Children; Brandon Jenner Knew First
- Bruce Jenner Clarifies Gender Identity vs. Sexuality in Diane Sawyer Interview: "It's Apples and Oranges"
- Bruce Jenner in interview: 'I am a woman'
- Sawyer Sweeten, 'Everybody Loves Raymond' child actor, dead at 19
- Comedian Artie Lange: It's not fair when people call me fat
- Bruce Jenner Says Khloé Kardashian Is Taking His Transition the Hardest ''Because She's Had a Lot of Losses in Her Life''
- Bruce Jenner's Family Reacts to Diane Sawyer Interview: We Are "So Very Proud" of Our "Hero"
- Bruce Jenner Reveals Kanye West's Words of Wisdom, Says Kim Kardashian Has Been ''By Far'' the Most Accepting of His Gender Transition