Who Should Play Wonder Woman on TV?
By Christine Fenno Posted Oct 2nd 2010 09:35AM
It now looks far more likely that Diana Prince's lasso-wielding alter ego will take flight (in her awesome invisible plane, if we're lucky) on the small screen instead.
'Ally McBeal' creator David E. Kelly has signed on to develop a new series for Warner Bros. television about DC Comics' Amazon princess-turned-crimefighter, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
So, what about the star? Lynda Carter spun her way into pop-culture history during her unforgettable stint as Wonder Woman on the 1975-'79 series, but who's the best candidate to inherit her busty bustier and kick-ass silver bracelets? When you think about it, there are so many ways they could go with this.
- As an 'Avatar' warrior, Zoe Saldana was both lithe and lethal. She could bring the physicality and sex appeal that fangirls-and-boys would expect, in order for a 'Wonder Woman' reboot to succeed.
- Jenna Fischer is armed with an almost otherworldly level of likeability, thanks to a funny-smart persona that could mix brilliantly with David E. Kelley's writing and give Diana Prince some serious dimension. (Hey, if Seth Rogen can be a superhero, why not Pam?)
- Katherine Heigl is a primetime series standout who isn't seeing her post-'Grey's Anatomy' film career soar as expected; her beauty and sass are a classic superhero combo.
- As Lois on 'Smallville,' Erica Durance has done her girlfriend-of-the-hero tour of duty. Many fans would say it's time she took the lead in battling the bad guys.
- A recent rumor that Beyonce wanted to play Wonder Woman on film was discredited as a hoax. But the gorgeous 'Dreamgirls' star (who unleashed her own alter ego, Sasha Fierce, on her last album) would make for super television as this superhero.
Casting could make or break this exciting venture. Who do you think should play TV's next Wonder Woman?
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Andi Dorfman Named Bachelorette for Season 10!
- Bachelor Season 18 Finale Spoiler: Does Juan Pablo Pick Nikki Ferrell or Clare Crawley?
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Grab Lunch Together in NYC: Picture
- My Mom Is To Blame! ‘Teen Mom’ Jenelle Evans Defends Baby Daddy Yelling At Her Mother, Says He Overheard Her Making Rude Comments About Him
- ?The Bachelor' recap: Juan Pablo makes his choice in awkward, unprecedented finale
- Miley Cyrus fan sneaks into star's dressing room, leaves note, police say
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Beauty and the Beast's Sexy Reunion, How I Met Your Mother's Big Secret Revealed and More OMG TV Moments
- The Bachelor Finale Recap: Did Juan Pablo Choose Nikki or Clare? Plus, Find Out if They're Still Together!
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Are All Over Each Other in Sexy New Dance Video—Watch Now!