Who Should Play Wonder Woman on TV?
By Christine Fenno Posted Oct 2nd 2010 09:35AM
It now looks far more likely that Diana Prince's lasso-wielding alter ego will take flight (in her awesome invisible plane, if we're lucky) on the small screen instead.
'Ally McBeal' creator David E. Kelly has signed on to develop a new series for Warner Bros. television about DC Comics' Amazon princess-turned-crimefighter, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
So, what about the star? Lynda Carter spun her way into pop-culture history during her unforgettable stint as Wonder Woman on the 1975-'79 series, but who's the best candidate to inherit her busty bustier and kick-ass silver bracelets? When you think about it, there are so many ways they could go with this.
- As an 'Avatar' warrior, Zoe Saldana was both lithe and lethal. She could bring the physicality and sex appeal that fangirls-and-boys would expect, in order for a 'Wonder Woman' reboot to succeed.
- Jenna Fischer is armed with an almost otherworldly level of likeability, thanks to a funny-smart persona that could mix brilliantly with David E. Kelley's writing and give Diana Prince some serious dimension. (Hey, if Seth Rogen can be a superhero, why not Pam?)
- Katherine Heigl is a primetime series standout who isn't seeing her post-'Grey's Anatomy' film career soar as expected; her beauty and sass are a classic superhero combo.
- As Lois on 'Smallville,' Erica Durance has done her girlfriend-of-the-hero tour of duty. Many fans would say it's time she took the lead in battling the bad guys.
- A recent rumor that Beyonce wanted to play Wonder Woman on film was discredited as a hoax. But the gorgeous 'Dreamgirls' star (who unleashed her own alter ego, Sasha Fierce, on her last album) would make for super television as this superhero.
Casting could make or break this exciting venture. Who do you think should play TV's next Wonder Woman?
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bleona Dishes on Her Completely See-Through Dress at the 2014 AMAs: "My Mom and Dad Aren't Leaving Their Apartment"
- Noah Cyrus, 14, Wears Short Shorts, Extreme Hair Extensions to 2014 AMAs: See Miley Cyrus' Little Sister
- Demi Lovato: "I Have Nothing in Common" With Miley Cyrus
- Trapped! Kris Jenner Forbids Unhappy Kim Kardashian From Divorcing Kanye West, Says Her Career ?Won't Survive' Another Split
- Robin Thicke reportedly dating 19-year-old model
- Model turned MMA fighter Paige VanZant never saw career coming
- 'Star Wars' trailer in nine theaters this weekend