Who Should Play Wonder Woman on TV?
By Christine Fenno Posted Oct 2nd 2010 09:35AM
It now looks far more likely that Diana Prince's lasso-wielding alter ego will take flight (in her awesome invisible plane, if we're lucky) on the small screen instead.
'Ally McBeal' creator David E. Kelly has signed on to develop a new series for Warner Bros. television about DC Comics' Amazon princess-turned-crimefighter, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
So, what about the star? Lynda Carter spun her way into pop-culture history during her unforgettable stint as Wonder Woman on the 1975-'79 series, but who's the best candidate to inherit her busty bustier and kick-ass silver bracelets? When you think about it, there are so many ways they could go with this.
- As an 'Avatar' warrior, Zoe Saldana was both lithe and lethal. She could bring the physicality and sex appeal that fangirls-and-boys would expect, in order for a 'Wonder Woman' reboot to succeed.
- Jenna Fischer is armed with an almost otherworldly level of likeability, thanks to a funny-smart persona that could mix brilliantly with David E. Kelley's writing and give Diana Prince some serious dimension. (Hey, if Seth Rogen can be a superhero, why not Pam?)
- Katherine Heigl is a primetime series standout who isn't seeing her post-'Grey's Anatomy' film career soar as expected; her beauty and sass are a classic superhero combo.
- As Lois on 'Smallville,' Erica Durance has done her girlfriend-of-the-hero tour of duty. Many fans would say it's time she took the lead in battling the bad guys.
- A recent rumor that Beyonce wanted to play Wonder Woman on film was discredited as a hoax. But the gorgeous 'Dreamgirls' star (who unleashed her own alter ego, Sasha Fierce, on her last album) would make for super television as this superhero.
Casting could make or break this exciting venture. Who do you think should play TV's next Wonder Woman?
- Filed under:
- TV News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa Rivers Inherits Over $100 Million of Joan Rivers' Estate; Matthew McConaughey Hits Red Carpet With Adorable Kids: Top 5 Stories
- Jennifer Lopez Buys $22 Million New York City Apartment Next Door to Chelsea Clinton: Details
- Bewitched Reboot Scores NBC Deal: New Show Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter Daphne
- Hank Baskett Caught Wearing Wedding Band While Grocery Shopping ? After Kendra Kicked Him To The Curb
- Jodi Arias Seeking Help From Admirers To Help Raise $250,000 For Appeals ? Has Already Raised $30,000
- Jason Aldean's new album features 'honest' tunes
- James Franco and Megan Fox offer no explanation for bloody photo
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Tyga Disses Drake by Calling Him "Fake," Sets the Record Straight on Kylie Jenner Dating Rumors
- Sorry, Clown Club! AHS Introduces Yet Another Creepy Clown: Our Rants and Raves
- Elizabeth Hurley Gets in the Disney Spirit During Mother-Son London Outing—See the Pic!