'Kissing Bandit' Fan Corners Josh Duhamel
By Christine Fenno Posted Oct 3rd 2010 12:21PM
Immediately following the New York City premiere of Katherine Heigl's new comedy 'Life As We Know It' on Thursday, the New York Post reports that co-star Josh Duhamel was approached by an overzealous fan who allegedly "marched up to him...grabbed his neck...and tried to start making out with him."
Security reportedly had to pull the woman off Duhamel and evict her from the event, which was held at the Ziegfeld Theater in midtown Manhattan. A source told the Post, "It was a little freaky. She wouldn't let go."
Duhamel, 37, is married to Black Eyed Peas singer Fergie; the couple will celebrate their second wedding anniversary in January. At the time of the incident, Fergie was on tour and not present at the premiere.
On the red carpet before the screening, Duhamel met with the press and opened up to People.com about the wonders of parenthood, saying, "I've always had a real fondness for kids," adding that he knew portraying a father figure to an infant in his new movie "would come naturally." (And what about having babies with his wife? Without equivocation, he gushed, "She'll be a great mom.")
Duhamel has yet to publicly comment on the aggressive fan who tried locking lips with him. Was it a silly dare? A scary outburst by someone unstable? Security pros -- and Fergie -- just may need to close ranks around the affable actor in the future.
Caught in Action: Celebrities Hard at Work
Jon Hamm, star of the hit series "Mad Men", is spotted filming scenes for the upcoming season. Jon was all smiles while filming in a red, vintage Imperial convertible.
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
- Filed under:
- Movie News
MORE ABOUT Josh Duhamel
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Josh Duhamel Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Then/Now: The cast of 'Friends'
- Report: Con men faked identities to work with kids on Hollywood film sets
- Iraq War veteran's inspiring journey from front lines to 'Nashville'
- Simon Kinberg Explains the Time-Traveling Effects of 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'American Chopper' Fuels Bizarre Patent Lawsuit
- George Sluizer, Director of 'The Vanishing,' Dies at 82
- Director Bryan Singer Officially Confirmed for 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- Kenan Thompson May Leave 'SNL' After 40th Season Wraps (UPDATED)
- 'Star Wars: Episode VII' May Take a Trip to Ice Planet Hoth