Catchphrase Alert: 'SNL' Debuts 'Miley Cyrus Show'
By Christine Fenno Posted Oct 3rd 2010 10:20AM
As Miley Cyrus (or, rather, Vanessa Bayer impersonating Miley) would say, "Pretty cool!"
Last night's 'SNL' episode, hosted by Bryan Cranston (Emmy-winning star of 'Breaking Bad,' who was a solid team player but hardly dominated the evening's sketches), introduced a new spoof talk show starring everyone's favorite hyper-confident, hyper-upbeat -- okay, just plain hyper -- teen celebrity, Miley Cyrus.
What was actually "pretty cool" was how Bayer captured the raspy-voiced, wide-eyed Disney star's "over it" attitude about her dad, and her skewed self-image about her acting talent compared to, say, Johnny Depp. Fellow 'SNL' newbie Paul Brittain, meanwhile, nailed his Depp impersonation as a guest on 'The Miley Cyrus Show.'
Have a look at the sketch. What did you think of these 'SNL' newcomers?
- Filed under:
- TV News
MORE ABOUT Miley Cyrus
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Miley Cyrus Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Heidi Klum Dresses as Fly-Like Insect for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Lisa Vanderpump on Vanderpump Rules New Season "I'm Not Proud of Their Behavior"
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!
- Wait, So Why Was Amanda Bynes Released From a Psychiatric Hold Right After It Was Extended? Here's How She Got Out Early & What's Next