Catchphrase Alert: 'SNL' Debuts 'Miley Cyrus Show'
By Christine Fenno Posted Oct 3rd 2010 10:20AM
As Miley Cyrus (or, rather, Vanessa Bayer impersonating Miley) would say, "Pretty cool!"
Last night's 'SNL' episode, hosted by Bryan Cranston (Emmy-winning star of 'Breaking Bad,' who was a solid team player but hardly dominated the evening's sketches), introduced a new spoof talk show starring everyone's favorite hyper-confident, hyper-upbeat -- okay, just plain hyper -- teen celebrity, Miley Cyrus.
What was actually "pretty cool" was how Bayer captured the raspy-voiced, wide-eyed Disney star's "over it" attitude about her dad, and her skewed self-image about her acting talent compared to, say, Johnny Depp. Fellow 'SNL' newbie Paul Brittain, meanwhile, nailed his Depp impersonation as a guest on 'The Miley Cyrus Show.'
Have a look at the sketch. What did you think of these 'SNL' newcomers?
- Filed under:
- TV News
MORE ABOUT Miley Cyrus
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Miley Cyrus Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Teen Mom OG Recap: Farrah Abraham Returns With a Bang (and a Fit)!
- Prince William Starts Paternity Leave Early, Prince Harry Could Be in U.K. For Baby's Birth
- Kim Richards Talks Arrest on Dr Phil: "None of This Would Have Happened if I Didn't Drink"
- 'Modern Family's' Julie Bowen sticks up for Sofia Vergara
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleads guilty to threatening to kill
- 'Full House' reboot on Netflix confirmed
- Lindsey Vonn Talks Dating Tiger Woods, Jokes She's a "Really Good Girlfriend" for Watching Golf—Watch Now!
- Johnny Depp and Amber Heard Seen Together for the First Time Since Their Wedding, Remain "Very Much in Love"
- What Will Royal Baby No. 2's Name Be? Vote Now!