Catchphrase Alert: 'SNL' Debuts 'Miley Cyrus Show'
By Christine Fenno Posted Oct 3rd 2010 10:20AM
As Miley Cyrus (or, rather, Vanessa Bayer impersonating Miley) would say, "Pretty cool!"
Last night's 'SNL' episode, hosted by Bryan Cranston (Emmy-winning star of 'Breaking Bad,' who was a solid team player but hardly dominated the evening's sketches), introduced a new spoof talk show starring everyone's favorite hyper-confident, hyper-upbeat -- okay, just plain hyper -- teen celebrity, Miley Cyrus.
What was actually "pretty cool" was how Bayer captured the raspy-voiced, wide-eyed Disney star's "over it" attitude about her dad, and her skewed self-image about her acting talent compared to, say, Johnny Depp. Fellow 'SNL' newbie Paul Brittain, meanwhile, nailed his Depp impersonation as a guest on 'The Miley Cyrus Show.'
Have a look at the sketch. What did you think of these 'SNL' newcomers?
- Filed under:
- TV News
MORE ABOUT Miley Cyrus
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Miley Cyrus Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Iggy Azalea Was Happy to Lose Best Rap Album Grammy: "People Already Hate Me Enough"
- Independence Day 2 Casts Liam Hemsworth, Alum Jeff Goldblum: Details!
- Plus-Size Model Tess Holliday Owns Her Bold Curves in Photoshop-Free Torrid Campaign: See the Photos
- 'Unfinished Business' stars pose for series of stock business photos
- Man charged with murder in connection to Nicki Minaj tour member stabbing
- Hilary Duff opens up on divorce from Mike Comrie
- Jennie Garth and Boyfriend Dave Abrams Hold Hands During a Romantic Weekend in Santa Barbara—See the Pics!
- Chad Michael Murray and Pregnant Wife Sarah Roemer Practice Parenting (With Their Pups)—See the Pic!
- Lisa Rinna vs. Kim Richards: Was Their Showdown The Real Housewives' Most Epic Ever?