No Room For Size Zeroes as Beth Ditto Walks the Runway
By The Editors of StyleList Posted Oct 4th 2010 06:35PM
Gossip singer Beth Ditto has always embraced her plus size and Jean Paul Gaultier made sure she had the best threads to do so during a fashion show in Paris.
The voluptuous crooner -- who designs a plus-size range for British retailer Evans -- opened and closed a show this weekend while modeling Gaultier's elaborate creations.
Rocking a blunt black bob and wild sci-fi-esque blue eye shadow, the size 26 star also sang an Ike and Tina Turner classic for the well-heeled crowd.
Ditto -- who once appeared on Love's cover in the nude -- isn't the only curvy beauty to hit the runway. Miranda Kerr -- five months pregnant -- just took turn on the Balenciaga catwalk.
So, is this just a passing fad, or is the fashion world finally ready to embrace full-figured beauty? Guess we'll find out next season.
Hit or Miss Fashion?
Christina Aguilera leaves her SoHo hotel looking very edgy, and possibly 'Evil,' as she heads to Radio City Music Hall.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
- HitchBOT, the Hitchhiking Robot, Damaged Beyond Repair in Philadelphia: "Sometimes Bad Things Happen to Good Robots"
- Jessica Alba's Honest Company Defends Its Natural Sunscreen After Sunburn Complaints: Get the Details
- Abbi Jacobson Brings "And I Am Telling You" to Lip Sync Battle, Slays: Watch!
- Chelsea Handler sends ex-boyfriend who called her fat a message
- Brett Eldredge to judge Miss America pageant in Atlantic City
- Demi Lovato says her relapses behind break-ups with Wilmer Valderrama
- Rumer Willis' New Bangs & Extensions Looks Just Like Mom Demi Moore's '80s Hairstyle—See for Yourself!
- Demi Lovato Talks About Boyfriend Wilmer Valderrama and His "Weird" Friendship With Her Ex-Boyfriend Joe Jonas!
- John Oliver Uses a Choir of Children in Campaign to Make Washington, D.C. a State—Listen to Their Song Now!