Danny DeVito Accepts Award on Behalf of Michael Douglas
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 5th 2010 07:14AM
While Michael Douglas battles throat cancer, his friend and co-star Danny DeVito accepted an award for the 'Wall Street' Oscar winner, The Daily Mail reports.
A the Zurich Film Festival in Sweden, DeVito -- who starred in 'Romancing the Stone' and 'The Jewel of the Nile' with Douglas -- accepted the Golden Icon Award on his behalf.
"'Michael is so strong. He gets better and better with every movie he makes," Danny said. "So that's why I tell him to work more."
Douglas was diagnosed with throat cancer in August and has been undergoing chemo therapy and radiation treatments.
A month after the news, the actor stepped out on the red carpet for the premiere of 'Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps,' in which he reprises his role as Gordon Gecko.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Raven-Symone's confusion: 'I'm from every continent in Africa'
- Leonard Nimoy's son planning documentary about his father
- World receives its first glimpse of 'Spectre,' new James Bond movie
- Dwayne Johnson Destroys Foes as "The Rock Obama" in 'SNL' Cold Open (Video)
- China's Alibaba Teams With Shanghai Film Festival
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: Emotional Angelina Jolie Tells Children "Different Is Good"
- 'Spectre' in Mexico City: What We Know About the James Bond Movie's Opening Scene
- The First 'Spectre' Teaser Trailer Is Finally Here (VIDEO)
- Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards Hosts: A Timeline