'Nowhere Boy' Depicts John Lennon as 'Ordinary Guy'
By Maggie Coughlan Posted Oct 6th 2010 12:35PM
Directed by Sam Taylor-Wood, 'Nowhere Boy' tells the story of Lennon's tumultuous upbringing in Liverpool, England, shuffling between his estranged mother and stuffy aunt, vying for their love.
"We didn't want to do an impersonation -- we sort of wanted to embody the soul, the spirit, and essence of Lennon as an ordinary guy," said Aaron Johnson, who plays young Lennon in the film.
Taylor-Wood knew going into the project that a film about an 'untold' period in Lennon's life would be no easy feat, "We had to be as obsessive as the fans are obsessive," she said.
PopEater sat down with Sam Taylor-Wood and Aaron Johnson to talk about the pressures of creating a historically accurate film, truly understanding John Lennon and getting a phone call from Paul McCartney while grocery shopping! Watch the video behind the jump.
The biopic has had audiences buzzing for months prior to its release – but not because of the anything having to do with the actual film – Taylor-Wood, 43, sparked a romance with Aaron Johnson, 23 years her junior eventually announcing their engagement and later giving birth to a daughter this past July.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Shia LaBeouf Wears Blue Balls Costume for Halloween: Hilarious Picture
- Taylor Swift Dresses Up as a Pegacorn (A.K.A. a Unicorn With Wings) for Halloween 2014, Making Her Fairy Tale a Reality
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North West in Skunk Costume for Halloween 2014: Photos
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- 'Duck Dynasty's' Jep Robertson speaks out on mysterious illness
- Kim Kardashian's corset selfie raises questions: How dangerous is the practice of corseting?