Friend: Rosie's a 'Little Scared' of New Boss Oprah
Before Oprah Winfrey agreed to give deposed "Queen of Nice," Rosie O'Donnell, her own show on her OWN network, Oprah not only visited Ro to perform a "crazy check" but also insisted on getting a promise from the host that there would be no drama with setting up her new show.
"Oprah needed to have Rosie's word before she would move forward," an insider tells me. "For as big a deal that Oprah is she runs her company like a small business. She wanted to look Rosie in the eye, shake hands and made a deal between the two of them in person."
Oprah confirmed that said she went to see Rosie in June along with OWN execs saying, "Rosie said, 'I know you're here to assess how crazy I am.' I said, 'Basically, yes. I'm doing a crazy check. If you have an issue that's causing a problem, speak to me, woman to woman, so that it doesn't become a worldwide issue," Oprah recalls telling Rosie.
"The last thing Oprah wants is another Barbara Walters situation on her hands, where Rosie attacks her," a friend of the comedienne tells me. "The chances of that happening are zero. Rosie has learned a lot from her experience on 'The View.' She would never put herself in a situation like that again. Plus, to be perfectly honest Rosie is telling friends she's a little scared of her new boss, Oprah."
Which sounds like the smartest thing Rosie has said in a long time.
MORE ABOUT Oprah Winfrey
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Oprah Winfrey Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Idina Menzel, Taye Diggs Separate After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Federline, Britney Spears' Ex, Expecting Baby Number Six with Wife Victoria Prince
- Kim Kardashian Debuts Post-Baby Bikini Body, Drew Barrymore Reveals She's Having Another Baby Girl: Top 5 Wednesday Stories
- Hold On! Sofia Vergara Reportedly Puts The Brakes On Marriage Plans ? There's No Wedding Dress Or Date
- Gisele: She's not just like you
- "12 Years a Slave," "Osage County" top SAG nominations
- 'Duck Dynasty' fam spreads holiday cheer in Afghanistan
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Review Roundup: Critics Can't Find Middle Ground on Middle-earth
- Mena Suvari's Awkward Christmas Card With Her Boyfriend and Cat Is Absolute Perfection—Take a Look!
- American Horror Story: Coven Shocker: Gabourey Sidibe Talks Queenie's Fate, and Which Co-Star Brings a Baby Hand to Set