Mark Zuckerberg Takes Staff to See 'Social Network'
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 7th 2010 03:00PM
Although David FIncher's movie is highly critical of Zuckerberg's beginnings, the Facebook CEO treated it like a celebration and took all of his staffers to go see it last Friday, and then drank apple martinis afterwards like Justin Timberlake and Jesse Eisenberg's characters do in their first meeting, UsMagazine.com confirmed.
"To celebrate a period of intense activity at Facebook, we decided to go to the movies," a Facebook rep told the magazine. "We thought this particular movie might be amusing."
In an interview in July, Diane Sawyer asked Zuckerberg if he was going to see the movie, and he wasn't as enthusiastic back then. However, Zuckerberg has spent the past couple of weeks generating positive headlines, like appearing on Oprah, The Simpsons and donating $100 million to the Newark educational system.
In a recent interview with CNN after the release of the movie, Zuckerberg was still dismissive.
"We build products that 500 million people see," Zuckerberg said. "If 5 million people see a movie, it doesn't really matter that much."
Watch a video of PopEater's coverage at 'The Social Network' Premiere
MORE ABOUT Justin Timberlake
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Justin Timberlake Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at age 82
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: More money, more problems
- Taylor Swift slams critics for being sexist
- Germany's ProSiebenSat.1 Hires Israeli Producer for Co-Production Job
- U.K. TV Groups Rare, BabyGrand Launch Joint Venture
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Says Goodbye to 'Mean Girls' Actor
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores