Mark Zuckerberg Takes Staff to See 'Social Network'
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 7th 2010 03:00PM
Although David FIncher's movie is highly critical of Zuckerberg's beginnings, the Facebook CEO treated it like a celebration and took all of his staffers to go see it last Friday, and then drank apple martinis afterwards like Justin Timberlake and Jesse Eisenberg's characters do in their first meeting, UsMagazine.com confirmed.
"To celebrate a period of intense activity at Facebook, we decided to go to the movies," a Facebook rep told the magazine. "We thought this particular movie might be amusing."
In an interview in July, Diane Sawyer asked Zuckerberg if he was going to see the movie, and he wasn't as enthusiastic back then. However, Zuckerberg has spent the past couple of weeks generating positive headlines, like appearing on Oprah, The Simpsons and donating $100 million to the Newark educational system.
In a recent interview with CNN after the release of the movie, Zuckerberg was still dismissive.
"We build products that 500 million people see," Zuckerberg said. "If 5 million people see a movie, it doesn't really matter that much."
Watch a video of PopEater's coverage at 'The Social Network' Premiere
MORE ABOUT Justin Timberlake
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Justin Timberlake Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Paula Patton on 'becoming an adult' after Robin Thicke split
- Singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell hospitalized in Los Angeles
- Russell Crowe: Michael Jackson prank called me for three years
- Kevin James Parodies 'Furious 7' in 'Mall Cop 2' Teaser
- Telluride Names 'The Flamethrowers' Author Rachel Kushner as Guest Director
- 'Daily Show' Star Aasif Mandvi on Trevor Noah's "Irresponsible" Tweets: "I Trust Jon Stewart"