Milla Jovovich Would 'Love to Have a Big Family' -- Even With Eight Films on Deck
By Stacy Jenel Smith Posted Oct 7th 2010 02:20PM
At the same time, the mother of little Ever Gabo Anderson is enjoying her first daughter so much she might take things slow. "Ever is just getting to that stage where she's growing into a little person. She's out of the baby stage, and sometimes I just want to spend time with her and give her my undivided attention instead of going back into that baby world again with a second child. Three, four and five are such great ages."
But part of the big family idea means more free time, Jovovich says. "This has been an unusual year. It's a tight year." Her latest film, the critically-acclaimed drama 'Stone' with Edward Norton and Robert DeNiro, opens in limited release Friday, Oct. 8.
'Stone' sees Milla playing an overwhelmingly sensual sex kitten wife to Norton's convict character, who urges her to seduce his parole officer (DeNiro) in order to get himself sprung from prison.
"It was like, 'How do I bring something other than that [sexuality] to the character?' " Jovovich says. "There's always something about everybody -- something to love. It dawned on me she was a burst of light in those people's lives. She has this joyous energy because she's such an animal. She's like a wolf, a shark -- she's always flowing, always going with this rhythm about her, which is very exciting for these people who are kind of repressed."
Figuring out the character didn't necessarily mean agreeing with her. "She's not the kind of girl I would bring into my own home. It was difficult, it was hard, to have to play something you don't really agree with, and I had my daughter on the set. As an actress, there was this weird paradox of having to respect this character and love her and then sort of hate myself at the end of the day." She laughs. "It got very confusing."
As far as whether Milla's 'Resident Evil' zombie-geek crowd will cross over and see this movie? "I don't know," she says. "The audience that came to see the 'Resident Evil' films, they're not idiots. They're people who are very eclectic and very cool -- like, the gamers. Not the 15-year-olds, but the older people in that audience are definitely going to relate to this film. Everybody wants a movie that challenges their sense of who they are and what they believe. This film doesn't give all the answers."
Also on her dance card -- in addition to a fifth "Resident Evil" flick -- are: Famke Janssen's first directorial project, 'Bringing Up Bobby'; a Russian movie called 'Vikrutasi'; the coming of age comedy 'Dirty Girl'; a serial killer thriller, 'Faces in the Crowd'; David R. Ellis' horror film, 'Bad Luck'; and 'The Three Musketeers' in 3-D, the latter of which she's making with her husband and 'Resident Evil' collaborator, filmmaker Paul W.S. Anderson, for release next year.
"Outside of the big sort of action film things, I've been really doing a lot more small indies and a few comedies, trying to just find different aspects of myself as an actress," Milla says. "These are things the studio system wouldn't give me a chance to play."
Isla Fisher, who is currently pregnant with her second child, takes her daughter Olive for a treat at Milk on Beverly Boulevard.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- NYPD investigating Amanda Bynes' allegations of sexual assault
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- 'Man of Steel' TV Spot Highlights Russell Crowe's Jor-El (Video)
- Google's Eric Schmidt: 'A Sense of Humor' About 'The Internship'
- Amanda Bynes: I Was 'Sexually Harassed' During Arrest
- Sorry, folks, Jimmy Kimmel didn't really buy that $1.9 million nude Bea Arthur painting
- PopWatch Confessional TV Jukebox edition: What songs do you wish you'd heard on TV this year?
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space
- Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report