Hudson, Paltrow Star in Elle's Women in Hollywood
By PopEater Staff Posted Oct 8th 2010 06:44AM
Kate Hudson and Gwyneth Paltrow are featured in Elle magazine's latest Women in Hollywood edition.
Joining the two beauties in this month's issue is two-time Academy Award winner Hilary Swank.
The actresses, who each have their own cover, talk about their lives as stars and the state of female roles in Tinseltown.
Hudson complains that "the female parts tend to be dispensable," and Paltrow says she feels "kind of dejected" about the roles available. Read More Inside
Kate on which actress she admires most: "I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say my mom. Apart from the fact that she's my mother, she's a brilliant comedian and a force as a producer. She paved the way for women to produce and star in their own films, and to balance that with being the matriarch of our family is really inspiring."
Kate on roles for women in Hollywood: "They are -- because in most male-driven vehicles, the female parts tend to be dispensable. I have faith that we can make female-driven films that are as interesting to men as they are to women."
Gwyneth's casting couch experience: "When I was just starting out, someone suggested that we finish a meeting in the bedroom. I left. I was pretty shocked. I could see how someone who didn't know better might worry, 'My career will be ruined if I don't give this guy a b**w job!'"
Gwyneth on roles for women in Hollywood: "There's a lot that's okay, but there's little that's really good, especially for someone my age. Sometimes you find out that something you really liked is going to someone 10 years younger. I find it heartening that Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock have been able to find and create amazing projects."
Hilary on the best moments of her career: "I'd put 'Conviction' up there with 'Million Dollar Baby' as two of my best experiences. Sam Rockwell and I had some scenes where the director yelled and we were dropped back on Earth. You literally go someplace else. That does not happen very often."
► Get More Photos and Info From Elle's Women in Hollywood
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stars without the warpaint
- Woman has surgery to get a third breast, hopes to become a TV star
- Taylor Swift shows off sexiest look yet at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- TV Ratings:
- 'Scorpion': What Happens When a Certified Genius Crashes the Writers Room?
- 'Gotham's' Ben McKenzie on Playing Gordon: True to DC Spirit But a New Chapter
- ?South Park' criticizes Washington Redskins owner with scathing promo
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- ?Box Office: How Did 'The Maze Runner' Break the YA Curse?
- Weekend Box Office: 'The Maze Runner' Sprints to No. 1
- Jimmy Fallon Got a Shirtless James Franco and Seth Rogen for His Birthday (VIDEO)