How Close Has Hoda Come to Attacking Kathie Lee?
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 8th 2010 11:00AM
Hoda Kotb is one charismatic, smart and patient lady, but I don't need to tell you that. Just watch the fourth hour of the 'Today' show, which the decorated journalist co-hosts with Kathie Lee Gifford, on any given day. What you may not know is that before she was trading zingers and sippin' cocktails on-air with KLG, Hoda spent years covering wars and overcoming personal trials like breast cancer. She opens up big time in her fabulously-titled book, 'Hoda: How I Survived War Zones, Bad Hair, Cancer, and Kathie Lee,' out Oct. 12. Check out my funny chat with Hoda, where she talks about KLG's reaction to the book title and cracks wise about a "torrid affair" with Willard Scott.
What surprised you while writing the book?
How fast I had to do it! My book agent said, "You'd better hurry up and get writing because you don't know how long that show of yours is going to last."
Is there anything you didn't put in the book? Why?
The way I got my job on the 'Today' show: my torrid affair with Willard Scott. Why leave it out? Because it's nobody's business.
What does KLG think of the amazing title?
I sprung it on her during a wine-soaked lunch. She loved it -- after the third glass of Chardonnay.
How close have you gotten to attacking KLG?
I am saving it for Pay-Per-View. We are in negotiations now.
What do you think about those riotous 'SNL' sketches of you and KLG?
Spot on! Why do our producers keep faxing our exact scripts over to 'SNL'? Kristin Wiig is a dead ringer for KLG ... but please God don't let Keenan play me this season.
The 'Today' show family seems very close, who are best friends off camera?
I saw Meredith and Al making out in the greenroom ... so I guess they are.
What's the most embarrassing thing KLG has ever done to you?
I have an idea -- tune in tomorrow and see for yourself.
You meet a ton of celebs. Give us a little secret dish. Who was a love bug and who was a nightmare?
Richard Simmons. He was both, and at the end of the day I think he'd agree.
Have you ever gone to see a movie because of Cody's review?
I'd like to, but I am always at a Broadway show with Kathie Lee.
Who at the 'Today' show spends the most time in the mirror?
What celeb would you most like to kiss?
Eduardo Verastegui. Google him! So worth it.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Trista Sutter Surprised Ryan Sutter With Colorado Camping Trip for 40th Birthday: Details, Pictures
- Rob Bironas Dies at Age 36: Former Tennessee Titans Kicker Killed in Car Crash
- Jessica Simpson Brings Daughter Maxwell, Son Ace to Her Fashion Show With Husband Eric Johnson: Pictures
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Vince Neil says no more country music for Motley Crue
- Ryan Seacrest talks new season of 'American Idol'
- 'Maze Runner' tops the box office this weekend
- Hilary Duff Is "Totally Open to" a Lizzie McGuire Reunion: "So Many People Loved Her"
- Kelly Osbourne Gets Emotional as She Remembers Her Dear Friend Joan Rivers—Watch the Sweet Clip!
- Katherine Heigl Seemingly Confuses Iraq for Afghanistan in State of Affairs On-Set Snap