John Stamos Extortion Couple Sentenced to Prison
A Michigan couple convicted of trying to extort $680,000 out of "Glee" actor John Stamos were each sentenced Friday to four years in prison.
Allison Coss and Scott Sippola were hoping to receive sentences of less than two years in prison, but U.S. District Judge R. Allan Edgar ordered a stiffer punishment.
They were convicted in July of conspiracy and using e-mail to threaten a person's reputation. Coss, 24, and Sippola, 31, threatened to sell old photos of Stamos with strippers and cocaine to the tabloids unless he paid up.
The FBI said such photos didn't exist, and Edgar agreed there was no evidence they did.
Stamos met Coss in Orlando, Fla., in 2004 when she was 17 years old. It was shortly after he had separated from his wife, supermodel Rebecca Romijn.
Coss testified that Stamos snorted cocaine, sat nude in a hot tub with the scantily clothed teenager, and made sexual advances as they kissed while lying on a bed. He denied it.
Stamos, 47, starred on "ER" and "Full House" and now plays a dentist on Fox's hit musical "Glee." He was not in court for the sentences.
In a court document filed this week, Sippola apologized and said his "conduct was awful."
"I sought to exploit my knowledge of the personal weaknesses of a perfect stranger for my own undeserved financial gain," he said. "I would be angry and hurt if that had happened to me and I am certain that Mr. Stamos feels that way towards me."
Celebrity Mug Shots
MORE ABOUT John Stamos
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about John Stamos Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson Break Up; Kanye West Debuts New Music on Saturday Night Live: Top Stories From the Weekend
- Kesha Nearly Flashes Butt at Billboard Music Awards: Picture
- Jennifer Nettles Shows Off Slim, Stunning Post-Baby Body at Billboard Music Awards
- Justin Timberlake goes folk in new movie ?Inside Llewyn Davis'
- 'Star Trek' does $70.6M on opening weekend, but falls short of studio's expectations
- Taylor Swift shines at Billboard Music Awards