Pee-wee's Big Adventure: Herman Takes New York City by Storm
By Jason Kaufman Posted Oct 8th 2010 04:15PM
Pee-wee was also partnering with social networking phenoms Foursquare to reveal specific locations throughout NYC which followers could use to unlock special badges that got them gifts when the tour concluded in the afternoon at Broadway's Stephen Sondheim Theater. That's where Pee-wee will bring his famed group of friends including Miss Yvonne, Mailman Mike, Cowboy Curtis and Jambi the Genie from Oct. 26 to Jan. 2. Get Tickets Here
Take a look below at just how he did it on Twitter and come back to PopEater next week to get exclusive video and photos from his big day in New York.
The morning kicked off with Pee-wee (aka the actor Paul Reubens) meeting fans on the Brooklyn Bridge
From there his caravan grew as they hit City Hall, Chinatown and Little Italy. PopEater was in touch with team Pee-wee and were waiting for him for his first food break as he strolled into Katz's Deli on the Lower East Side. Of course, bus loads of tourists were already dining inside and were surprised by the mob that crushed into the delicatessen. PopEater was there to show Pee-wee what the locals know about Katz's. Tip your counterman $1 and you'll get some extra lean slices to sample. Yes, we splurged for Herman.
Pee-wee's journey took him to the basketball courts of the West Village for a game of H-O-R-S-E.
After that, Herman headed up town. Pee-wee made some new friends on the subway on his journey to Harlem:
Once he got there, he got a taste of Sylvia's soul food wonders:
Then it was on to a firehouse in Spanish Harlem and down to Times Square to the famed TKTS booth. We'll be following Pee-wee Herman on Twitter and also keeping tabs on our friend during his ten weeks in our backyard.
- Filed under:
- Good News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
- Jimmy Fallon Unleashes Epic 'Game of Thrones' Parody (Video)
- Cannes: Hollywood Gives Back at Star-Filled AmfAR Gala (Column)
- Jennifer Hudson in Negotiations to Judge 'American Idol'
- Memorial Day weekend TV marathons: An A to Z guide
- ?Fast & Furious 6?: That ending! THAT ENDING! (SPOILERS)
- ?Arrested Development': Five episodes to watch to get ready for Sunday
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space
- Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report