Pee-wee's Big Adventure: Herman Takes New York City by Storm
By Jason Kaufman Posted Oct 8th 2010 04:15PM
Pee-wee was also partnering with social networking phenoms Foursquare to reveal specific locations throughout NYC which followers could use to unlock special badges that got them gifts when the tour concluded in the afternoon at Broadway's Stephen Sondheim Theater. That's where Pee-wee will bring his famed group of friends including Miss Yvonne, Mailman Mike, Cowboy Curtis and Jambi the Genie from Oct. 26 to Jan. 2. Get Tickets Here
Take a look below at just how he did it on Twitter and come back to PopEater next week to get exclusive video and photos from his big day in New York.
The morning kicked off with Pee-wee (aka the actor Paul Reubens) meeting fans on the Brooklyn Bridge
From there his caravan grew as they hit City Hall, Chinatown and Little Italy. PopEater was in touch with team Pee-wee and were waiting for him for his first food break as he strolled into Katz's Deli on the Lower East Side. Of course, bus loads of tourists were already dining inside and were surprised by the mob that crushed into the delicatessen. PopEater was there to show Pee-wee what the locals know about Katz's. Tip your counterman $1 and you'll get some extra lean slices to sample. Yes, we splurged for Herman.
Pee-wee's journey took him to the basketball courts of the West Village for a game of H-O-R-S-E.
After that, Herman headed up town. Pee-wee made some new friends on the subway on his journey to Harlem:
Once he got there, he got a taste of Sylvia's soul food wonders:
Then it was on to a firehouse in Spanish Harlem and down to Times Square to the famed TKTS booth. We'll be following Pee-wee Herman on Twitter and also keeping tabs on our friend during his ten weeks in our backyard.
- Filed under:
- Good News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Country singer Martina McBride pursues cooking passion
- Selena Gomez reveals sexiest photoshoot yet
- Jasmine Tridevil 'flattered' her three-breasted look is a Halloween hit
- Fox Rooting for Giants-Royals World Series to Last Seven Games
- Hannibal Buress Calls Bill Cosby a "Rapist"
- Tokyo Content Market Opens With Record Attendance
- Broadway box office: Michael C. Hall's ?Hedwig' scores, but Carol Burnett can't boost ?Love Letters'
- Hannibal Buress calls Bill Cosby a ?rapist' in stand-up set
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Best of Late Night TV: Ice Cube Talks N.W.A. Movie, Alan Cumming Recalls Shia's 'Cabaret' Arrest (VIDEO)
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie