Lisa Rinna's Horrifying Casting Couch Admission
By Rob Shuter Posted Oct 11th 2010 07:50AM
Exclusive: Lisa Rinna tells me her dishy new novel, 'Starlit,' is an inside look at "life on and off the red carpet, full of scandalous backstabbing and lots of sex." She describes it as a "roman à clef," or a novel that describes true events but is disguised as fiction. However, the most shocking real-life event that Lisa left out of the impossible-to-put-down read is a true story about herself and the infamous Hollywood casting couch.
"I lost a role on a BIG TV series because I wouldn't bend over a chair in a producers office for 'just a quickie,'" Lisa admits to me for the first time. "'Just pull your panties down and bend over and the role is yours,' he said to me."
Lisa was just 24 years old at the time and walked away in tears after the disgusting encounter, but that hasn't stopped her from thinking about the producer or that moment every day.
A friend tells me that Lisa has never revealed the producer's name to anyone, including husband Harry Hamlin, but many years later, during the height of her 'Melrose Place' success, she saw the man that propositioned her all those years ago on an industry red carpet. He stopped to say congratulations and she told him, "I know everyone in this town and if you ever do what you did to me again to anyone else I will tell everyone your dirty secret."
So far, Lisa's lips are sealed and so it seems are the producer's pants. For a real insight into the glamour and darkness of Hollywood, pick up Lisa's new book 'Starlit.'
Lisa and Harry talk about their books and new reality show, 'Harry Loves Lisa':
More Lisa Coverage:
► Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin: Fourth Break-In Was No Publicity Stunt
► Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin Talk About 'Lip-Gate'
► Harry Hamlin Q&A: Drug Mule, 'Mein Kampf' Reviewer, Oversleeper
► Lisa and Harry Discuss Their Kids' Roles in the New Show [ParentDish]
MORE ABOUT Lisa Rinna
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lisa Rinna Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Angelina Jolie on Directing Brad Pitt in By the Sea: "A Therapist Would Have a Field Day"
- Serial Podcast Finale: 7 Burning Questions Before It Ends
- Demi Lovato Wears Minimal Makeup, Looks Fierce in Photo Shoot, Praises Kim Kardashian For "Revolutionizing" Curves: Pictures
- Theaters drop 'The Interview' despite government-approved ending
- 'Millionaire Hot Seat' contestant fails on first question
- Mark Wahlberg's former bodyguard said actor should not be pardoned for assault
- Duck Dynasty's Willie Robertson ''Trying to Figure Out'' If People Are Born Gay: ''I'm Not the Judge. God's Gonna Be the Judge''
- Luke Grimes Teases Fifty Shades of Grey Secrets: Watch Now!
- Best of 2014: TV's Most Shocking Moments: Death, Strippers, Sexts, Revivals and More